Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pm_arch

Beautify Baton Rouge

13 posts in this topic

Not really sure where this item would fit, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

http://www.brwallsproject.com/

BRWallsProject

The BR Walls Project will enhance the artistic beauty of the large wall spaces throughout downtown. Phase I of the project will be on the walls of downtown BR. Our intention is to transform the dull beige and grey walls into modern works of art. This enhancement of the downtown landscape will reflect the progressive endeavors happening everyday inside these buildings. Our MISSION is to enhance Baton Rouge’s beauty and cultural significance through art created by a conscientious public.

Sounds good! Shreveport did a good job muralling their downtown walls.

Yes, Shreveport does have some nice murals on their downtown buildings. Here are a few examples from Shreveport:

mural.jpeg

dallas+paper+whites+046.jpg

blue-scroll-mural-HI-RES-1024x679.jpg

I love their enthusiaism. A cheap project that could really turn around. I could see many people not giving permission for their own buildings though.

Nice murals...Shreveport has a compact downtown.

A nice mural might work on the Laurel side (East facing wall) of the old/empty 8-story Commerce Bldg on Third; with the black back-drop.

Here is the Commerce Bldg wall I mentioned in above post...a big mural might work well against the black backdrop

april2012019.jpg

imgTtlMessage.gif

imgSpacer.gif

br_walls_header.jpg

It is the mission of the BR Walls Project to stimulate creativity and economic growth in our city by having artists paint key landmark walls in our downtown area. Phase I of the project will occur along the 4th St/Arts district as seen above in an artist' rendering. Phase II will be In partnership with Lamar Advertising and showcase the work of photographers & graphic artists on large, vinyl banners fastened onto the sides of buildings throughout the city.

THE TIME IS NOW, they need your help. The project has to raise $15,000 before April 26th. If you want to help beautify Baton Rouge and inspire the generations to come DONATE today. This enhancement of the downtown landscape will reflect the creative endeavors already happening everyday inside these buildings. Let's foster economic growth, and create citywide pride through the visual arts. Thanks.

1 person likes this

I am not a big fan of Kickstarter but I am glad to see they reached well over their targeted goal. I can't wait to see this come to fruition.

1 person likes this

Not sure...do we need to change the name of the Topic to "BR Walls Project"?

July14113_zps08e0ed0d.jpg

Yeah these did turn out really nice. I like pencil ninja drawing on the outside of the Public Art Museum. Maybe they'll paint some sort of design on the side of the commerce building when it's finished.