Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

2 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

I'm amazed how much this project changes the arena district. I wish the office portion was going up. When. Does phase two begin?

IMG_20190314_145647.jpg

I heard that another group is pushing forward with the office portion. It will be redesigned from Franklin's (really cool) plan. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I heard that another group is pushing forward with the office portion. It will be redesigned from Franklin's (really cool) plan. 

Franklin’s project didn’t work, but I was always pretty confident something would replace it pretty quickly. Glad to hear it. 

Joe

22 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

What do you mean it didn't work? Didn't work out? :) 

Yeah, sorry. I meant didn’t work out. They were swinging for the fences, but I’m sure there are a lot of smaller offices, non-hq’s that would be attracted to an office building in that area. 

Joe

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I feel like you are suggesting this new plan for the office building might not be as cool as the "really cool" Franklin plan?    Is this based on knowledge of who is taking this on? 

3 hours ago, mpchicago said:

I feel like you are suggesting this new plan for the office building might not be as cool as the "really cool" Franklin plan?    Is this based on knowledge of who is taking this on? 

I thought Franklin Partners plan was really cool. It sounds like the new office building will be a lot like the other Studio Park buildings. Which is fine, just thought it would be cool to mix it up a bit. 

25 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I thought Franklin Partners plan was really cool. It sounds like the new office building will be a lot like the other Studio Park buildings. Which is fine, just thought it would be cool to mix it up a bit. 

I agree the Franklin Partners building was unlike anything GR currently has (full transparent glass).   Maybe the cost per square foot was too much for the market to bear. and with a less expensive building, they can attract more tenants, with lower rents?   

Edited by mpchicago

8 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

I agree the Franklin Partners building was unlike anything GR currently has (full transparent glass).   Maybe the cost per square foot was too much for the market to bear. and with a less expensive building, they can attract more tenants, with lower rents?   

I have no idea if the new design will be less expensive. I haven't seen anything. 

26 minutes ago, SupercityGR said:

Would Grdadof3 do his usual paint rectangle to show where the office building would go and height 

It's the narrow space right in front of the parking ramp in the photo below, and on the far right in the rendering, right below the apartment tower (white colored building).

20190301_103357.thumb.jpg.9d4ed082d16a6d971b0e623d8933a0ea.jpg

862434294_ScreenShot2019-02-28at12_57_13PM.thumb.png.274e6ce3d656a50fca3599934d423d7b.png

Edited by mpchicago
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SupercityGR said:

Would Grdadof3 do his usual paint rectangle to show where the office building would go and height 

Haha. Sure.  Think of it like 38 commerce: an L-shaped liner building. That's why it's height restricted. The residential tower base is that portion built already. 

787449473_officestudiopark.jpg.35b2b35c1b74e1ad03799546d0943b86.jpg

I have a feeling Loeks is going to wish the parking lot had a smaller footprint so he had room to expand.  The theater is going to be packed.

I guess I'm still a little confused... so the Phase II tower is going to be sandwiched b/w the parking garage and "Future Office Tower"?  Wouldn't that make the first few stories almost completely windowless or will there be space between.

Those apartments with the balconies and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the courtyard/movie entrance are going to pretty sweet.

13 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

I guess I'm still a little confused... so the Phase II tower is going to be sandwiched b/w the parking garage and "Future Office Tower"?  Wouldn't that make the first few stories almost completely windowless or will there be space between.

The apartment tower will sit on top of the parking garage.

1377593307_StudioParkresidentialtower.thumb.JPG.1b43282a296d2b89e95b12c2ade45c1c.JPG

• Like 2

On 3/6/2019 at 9:03 PM, GR8scott said:

Love the design, height and  shape but Wish the tower was facing the other way so it’s not so wide blocking driving north on 131

I agree with you to a certain extent. An older rendering had it facing the other way and the tower looked more architecturally satisfying to the eyes in my opinion. Part of me also thinks the new direction will still look cool approaching the s-curve from the south...

Edited by acmjames