Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

• GRDadof3 changed the title to Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

1 hour ago, mpchicago said:

And my brother's deck.

I don't think that'll qualify for LIHTC but you might be able to capture some Brownfield credits, or else have your brother's backyard declared an NEZ.  Did anyone say "Game-changer"?  When will we see renderings?

Edited by RegalTDP

15 hours ago, mpchicago said:

And my brother's deck.

Who is he using for an architect? I hope it's not one of those useless local companies. Gensler is the only firm that is qualified to do this sort of work in such a high-profile location. If we get this wrong, it will besmirch the reputation of Grand Rapids—if not the entire Midwest—for centuries. And that's even before the HPC gets their dirty little paws all over it and restricts the elevations to blend in with some sort of mythical historical neighborhood fabric. Will it be mixed-use? What will this mean for the neighborhood? We don't want this cul-de-sac to be the next Wealthy Street. Is he adding parking? Only homeless people will ride the bus to get there, and do you really think that people will ride their fixies there come October?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RegalTDP said:

I don't think that'll qualify for LIHTC but you might be able to capture some Brownfield credits, or else have your brother's backyard declared an NEZ.  Did anyone say "Game-changer"?  When will we see renderings?

About 70% done, no cranes, but at one point 4 ladders!  No credits!

20170510_070600.jpg

20170515_191813.jpg

20170527_081406.jpg

20170527_081445.jpg

20170706_074355.jpg

20170716_133415.jpg

20170703_143421.jpg

20170716_133349.jpg

20170730_205344.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

So, if I'm getting this right, the first phase is everything but the tower (G) in this overview, right?

studio-park-3jpg-f570e14b787fffac.jpg

Is there a larger image of this site plan?  I' d be interested in seeing the details.

studio-parkjpg-7613b652fcc59603.jpg

The one posted up this thread a bit is a bit bigger. ^^^

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

The one posted up this thread a bit is a bit bigger. ^^^

Oops,  Okay, went back and looked at that one and we're seeing 98 apartments (in two buildings), 138-room hotel, 104,505 square foot office building (6 stories), a 750-space garage and the nine-screen theater.  Thanks again.  I like how they are hiding the parking garage from the north with the office building.

On 8/24/2017 at 4:28 PM, SupercityGR said:

I hope as they build this complex in phases that they don't drop the tower portion 

Even if they don't, the city would eventually be able to sell off the rights to develop it. But I agree I hope it all gets built sooner rather than later. 

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 4:11 PM, ChevalierNoir said:

Doing some test drilling on the southeast corner of the site.

IMG_20170911_160642.jpg

This project goes before the BRA for Brownfield Plan approval at their Oct 5th meeting.  That probably explains the drilling/soil sampling. 

It's fascinating that the environmental assessment talks about the "large passenger and freight rail yard" that used to encompass this area from around 1898 until at least 1953".  We all knew the Grand Rapids Union Station was there but you don't really think about it now, just a sea of parking lots. 

http://grandrapidscitymi.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=3075&Inline=True

• 1 month later...