Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

33 minutes ago, kwl said:

Is it for sure architects from Studio C? Or another firm? 

It was my understanding the Jackson Entertainment/Studio C controls that space in the hotel.   Now that doesn't necessarily mean that they will use the same architect for that space that he did for Studio C.

4 hours ago, mpchicago said:

It was my understanding the Jackson Entertainment/Studio C controls that space in the hotel.   Now that doesn't necessarily mean that they will use the same architect for that space that he did for Studio C.

Post Associates (the architect on the rest of the Loeks Theaters) is handling the interior and a different firm will be designing the outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one posted this yet. We know what the base of the hotel is now: 1st floor will be a restaurant, second floor will be "The Listening Room" or small acoustical entertainment venue.

https://localspins.com/grand-rapids-studio-park-reveals-200-seat-listening-room-headed-by-wyces-quinn-mathews/

“The Studio C Listening Room is being created for a listening experience combined with a bar-restaurant feel,” said Mathews, who will step down after two years as station manager for community radio’s WYCE at the end of August to plan, direct and book the new venue.

“We plan to work very closely with local and regional acts and some national acts coming through between Detroit and Chicago. Some national acts may play multiple shows on multiple nights. … I envision local CD-release shows, jazz brunches, comedy showcases and everything in between. … There isn’t anything like this in Grand Rapids.”

Here's one in Nashville:

The-Listening-Room-Cafe_Nashville-Origin

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Canopy by Hilton hotel going up here is going to feel pretty tall for that neighborhood. HUGE change for Ionia. 

1253465272_CanopybyHilton.thumb.jpg.f0d6f7463f6022f7c5f9911c27f4247e.jpg

484459880_CanopyHotel-StudioPark4-2018.thumb.JPG.a07d7ee9f11ef315ef9aaa3869b1d6c8.JPG

I also had a dream last night Paul Heule, the Dutch Counsel for West Michigan who owns Eenhoorn, the big apartment developer that owns Plaza Towers Apartments,  announced he was building the residential project for this as part of the next phase and it would rival Plaza Towers in height and be 1/3 condos and 2/3s apartments. This was merely a dream, not based on anything legit. :) (although it would make perfect sense). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

The Canopy by Hilton hotel going up here is going to feel pretty tall for that neighborhood. HUGE change for Ionia. 

1253465272_CanopybyHilton.thumb.jpg.f0d6f7463f6022f7c5f9911c27f4247e.jpg

484459880_CanopyHotel-StudioPark4-2018.thumb.JPG.a07d7ee9f11ef315ef9aaa3869b1d6c8.JPG

I also had a dream last night Paul Heule, the Dutch Counsel for West Michigan who owns Eenhoorn, the big apartment developer that owns Plaza Towers Apartments,  announced he was building the residential project for this as part of the next phase and it would rival Plaza Towers in height and be 1/3 condos and 2/3s apartments. This was merely a dream, not based on anything legit. :) (although it would make perfect sense). 

I work for Everyone.  The property isn't fully developed. That office tower proposed for the property a decade ago? It's not dead.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

I work for Everyone.  The property isn't fully developed. That office tower proposed for the property a decade ago? It's not dead.

I guess I'm late to the game. What property isn't fully developed? And what office tower proposal isn't dead?

2 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

I was totally confused by this post too. :)

That's cool to hear, I assume you mean the Huntington Bank proposal (or the building that was going to house Huntington as one of its main tenants). 

I was also talking about the residential tower portion of Studio Park. As far as I know, there's isn't a definitive developer on board for this yet? Not sure if you know irony I'm just asking out loud. 

3 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I was totally confused by this post too. :)

That's cool to hear, I assume you mean the Huntington Bank proposal (or the building that was going to house Huntington as one of its main tenants). 

I was also talking about the residential tower portion of Studio Park. As far as I know, there's isn't a definitive developer on board for this yet? Not sure if you know irony I'm just asking out loud. 

No, if Eenhoorn builds, I assume it'll be on the Plaza property. 

There's nothing coming down the pipe, I just know the dream of another building isn't dead.

3 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

No, if Eenhoorn builds, I assume it'll be on the Plaza property. 

There's nothing coming down the pipe, I just know the dream of another building isn't dead.

Although I really like that Plaza property project, it's pretty tough to do an iconic tower on it...

I hear he did pretty well on his recent Saugatuck project so no time like the present to continue the momentum. :) #gobigorgohome

40 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Although I really like that Plaza property project, it's pretty tough to do an iconic tower on it...

I hear he did pretty well on his recent Saugatuck project so no time like the present to continue the momentum. :) #gobigorgohome

I'd imagine any new project would not come close to the height of the existing tower. But still, the lot wastes alot of great river front.