Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

3 hours ago, kwl said:

Malamiah mentions "moving to Studio Park" in their Facebook post. If so, another strategic loss for the Downtown Market. 

I hope this doesnt mean the end for the little juice shop trying to get going on Oakes b/t Commerce and Division.    It doesnt have to be the end, but it could be...

21 minutes ago, kwl said:

If I were to guess, this looks like a logic error on behalf of the website calculating sq. footage off of the 8 spaces available section. 

I believe what they're trying to market is multiple different configurations of space that are mutually exclusive. Such as if a prospective tenant wants floors 2-7 = 90k sq. ft OR floors 4-5-6-7 = 60k sq. ft. 

Further observations: 

1) Rendering appears to be six stories, so perhaps Floor 1 is below ground? 

2) Shows available date as 04/01/2020. Perhaps just a plug or are they building this on spec? 

Ah, I think you're right. But yes I agree, I thought the building was only 6 floors but looks to be 7 now. 1st floor I believe is just retail which is why it only shows 5000 sf? 

4 hours ago, Kinkema said:

It would have been nice to have just one national name in the mix.  Maybe that will come in the next round of announcements.

It's good to see a flagship restaurant going in, though they are pretty short on details about it.  Funny that they decided to use the word "Tavern" despite what is widely know as "Tavern" being right across the street.    Of course I realize that the concepts appear to be wildly different, but still, of all words to use...

It would be great to get one more strong restaurant down there and begin to build a solid village of places south of the arena.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, demhem said:

Looking at Malamiah from a different angle... isn't it kind of cool that the DT Market could be acting as an incubator space for small businesses to become successful enough to obtain their own storefront? Not sure exactly why they are moving, but what I described could be a scenario.  

Good call. 

Malamiah has definitely paid their dues for half a decade now, and really earned an upgrade like this. I'm also hoping that Leo’s Coney Island has some nice diner food or really great burgers. I still miss the old Ritz Koney. Maybe the only person, but still.

What this development really needs though is an video arcade! Something simple and fun to blow off time before your movie starts.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

Malamiah has definitely paid their dues for half a decade now, and really earned an upgrade like this. I'm also hoping that Leo’s Coney Island has some nice diner food or really great burgers. I still miss the old Ritz Koney. Maybe the only person, but still.

What this development really needs though is an video arcade! Something simple and fun to blow off time before your movie starts.

OMG I was thinking the same, with pinball machines. 

Also I liked Ritz Koney. Cheap eats on Tuesdays too when they had their lunch special. 

Based on their menu Leo's looks like good cheap eats:

http://www.leosgr.com/menu.html

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Here are the 1st floor floorplans of the two buildings. Not as much space as I was thinking. Which one is going to be the flagship restaurant space? 

So it looks as if there will be restaurant space in the Theater building...Wondering if that could be the flagship? 

18 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Ah, I think you're right. But yes I agree, I thought the building was only 6 floors but looks to be 7 now. 1st floor I believe is just retail which is why it only shows 5000 sf? 

What's even more surprising is that the amenities don't seem to be included in the sq. footage....Like the rooftop deck, gym, locker room, etc. Maybe they're anticipating some office space being included in the tower? 

16 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Also I liked Ritz Koney. Cheap eats on Tuesdays too when they had their lunch special. 

Another Ritz Koney fan (mug club member at one point in time).  I used to grab lunch there once a week and then did some MSU alumni watch parties there.   Will definitely check out Leo's Coney once it is up and running.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kwl said:

So it looks as if there will be restaurant space in the Theater building...Wondering if that could be the flagship? 

What's even more surprising is that the amenities don't seem to be included in the sq. footage....Like the rooftop deck, gym, locker room, etc. Maybe they're anticipating some office space being included in the tower? 

I thought that space, which is really the ground floor corner of the hotel, was going to be the "listening room" music venue. Unless the restaurant and live music venue are in the same space; it does look like it could be 2 stories. 

Either that or the listening room got nixed. 

23 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I miss Ritz Coney also. When it comes to dogs, it might be difficult for me in competing against One Stop. But their burger selection really reminds me of the burger place that was on Monroe Center briefly, and DT has really needed that kind of option. (Only reason that burger place closed iirc was due to mismanagement and embezzlement.) Hopefully they'll be open late.. they could really make a killing off of the 2am crowd leaving all the bars with a grumbling stomach. (Although that might cause conflict with residents, hearing loud drunks outside, but that's probably already going to be the case anyway.)

28 minutes ago, tSlater said:

I miss Ritz Coney also. When it comes to dogs, it might be difficult for me in competing against One Stop. But their burger selection really reminds me of the burger place that was on Monroe Center briefly, and DT has really needed that kind of option. (Only reason that burger place closed iirc was due to mismanagement and embezzlement.) Hopefully they'll be open late.. they could really make a killing off of the 2am crowd leaving all the bars with a grumbling stomach. (Although that might cause conflict with residents, hearing loud drunks outside, but that's probably already going to be the case anyway.)

I was thinking that. That courtyard is going to be noisy in the late evenings I bet. I mean it is what we've all been asking/begging for is more activity downtown, but I don't know if I'd want to live above it. :P Some people will love it. Most of these retailers though will close well before 11:00 I would think. 

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, tSlater said:

The brick on the building on the NE corner is looking really good so far.

I think the whole thing is looking good. My only concern is the south side. Don’t know what they’ll do with the theater portion and parking structure. I hope it doesn’t end up being a block of blank walls w/ no activity. 

Joe

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 8:24 PM, joeDowntown said:

I think the whole thing is looking good. My only concern is the south side. Don’t know what they’ll do with the theater portion and parking structure. I hope it doesn’t end up being a block of blank walls w/ no activity. 

Joe

I think it will be pretty bland back there. I don't think the theater floorplans showed any entrances on that side (and honestly that area is pretty hostile to peds I've noticed. 

• 2 weeks later...