Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/26/2019 at 8:54 AM, d8alterego said:

Do we know if the theater will have eye popping signage or does the billboard law (mentioned earlier) also effect the front of the theater?

For instance, a version of this: 

Image result for fox movie theater signage

I sure hope so, newer developments seem to be lacking in the signage around here, ie 20 Monroe. I’ve noticed many new movie theaters in CAli have really cool retro signage. 

• Like 1

Walking along Oaks this weekend, I noticed two things. One, the ramp, set back, looks hideous and boring. I felt like I was at some lousy suburban office park. Good news is I know it's only temporary  because the office portion will go up soon.

Secondly, the apartments look great, but I feel like awning covering parts of the sidewalk would make that street even more organic. As it is, its just a brick and glass wall with little variation.

Outside that, I love what this project is doing to that neighborhood 

Edited by ironyisadeadscene

3 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

This may just be part of the plan to finish studio park, but the lot where the office building is going up is now completely cleared. 

also, the lawn looks great. Can’t wait for it to open. 

Joe

I thought the lawn might be field turf, like they have in front of the Orlando Eye

On 9/23/2019 at 10:56 AM, mielsonwheels said:

Updated renderings for the office building:

image.thumb.png.56552304a664e0c0feeb2802e905fc01.png

The Michigan Strategic Fund board today awarded Acrisure a Good Jobs for Michigan tax capture plan valued at $6 million, the first such award in the Grand Rapids area under the program. As well, the board approved a $1 million performance-based grant under the Michigan Business Development Program for the Acrisure project, in which the company plans to invest up to $33 million to move its global headquarters to the new downtown Studio Park development. 

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/acrisure-awarded-7-million-in-incentives-for-downtown-grand-rapids-hq-project