Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

7 hours ago, WMrapids said:

CC33172F-FB4A-440C-9BE1-5798A489EC37.thumb.jpeg.aab0f3d23320cc5c7ec4ea15bd7943e5.jpeg

Does look similar to what is shown here. I actually like that they got rid of the large light colored portions (white brick?). 

I believe these are two different buildings.  The one just released (top) is what's going in at studio park.  The older, taller rendering is the "future" office tower that will be going across the street.   I'll take glass over plastic/metal cladding any day.

In other news it looks like the Ottawa extension and ramp are almost set to open.  I'm guessing a lane on Ottawa and a lane on Oakes will be blocked off during construction?

5 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

I believe these are two different buildings.  The one just released (top) is what's going in at studio park.  The older, taller rendering is the "future" office tower that will be going across the street.   I'll take glass over plastic/metal cladding any day.

In other news it looks like the Ottawa extension and ramp are almost set to open.  I'm guessing a lane on Ottawa and a lane on Oakes will be blocked off during construction?

You can partially see it in the bottom left corner of that image.

But are they are sticking with the cladding?  In an article released today is the first time I’ve seen this image with the Acrisure logo.

91E037E6-FAE6-495C-98C7-1071B64DBA23.thumb.png.efe0d884f40560baf2e99ee6250fb7d2.png

It previously had the Studio Park logo.

E83CABB0-C917-4CD2-88F2-6E8D46E3C2E1.jpeg.40e9ba4f5a038a99a29390080359a129.jpeg

6 hours ago, WMrapids said:

You can partially see it in the bottom left corner of that image.

But are they are sticking with the cladding?  In an article released today is the first time I’ve seen this image with the Acrisure logo.

91E037E6-FAE6-495C-98C7-1071B64DBA23.thumb.png.efe0d884f40560baf2e99ee6250fb7d2.png

It previously had the Studio Park logo.

E83CABB0-C917-4CD2-88F2-6E8D46E3C2E1.jpeg.40e9ba4f5a038a99a29390080359a129.jpeg

And that has 6 floors. But the updated rendering from @mielsonwheels shows 7. I know it's just one floor...

Maybe Acrisure needs more square footage in the near term so they're working in another floor on One Hundred Ottawa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

My buddy who was working on the electrical for this project said a couple weeks ago that it would be opening soon, didn't realize this soon.

Everything I've seen says opening Oct 2nd but JD Loeks had it on his FB page that it's open now. Can't find any site though that shows movies and times. 

13 minutes ago, MJLO said:

A couple of my friends saw a movie there last night.  Said it was beautiful.  They must be in a soft open right now. Oct 2 must be the grand opening. 

If you get on their Facebook page, they have a link to show times this weekend. It’s a soft opening to work the kinks out. 

Joe

The old Studio 28 sign is a great touch. I saw they incorporated a couple easter eggs into the new building, including some of the bricks from Studio 28. 

Can't wait to go! I think it'll draw a lot of people downtown (also people that wouldn't typically go downtown). Free, validated parking for anyone who goes to a movie. That's huge, and should benefit the restaurants around Studio Park.

Max's Tiki bar is opening soon. Excited to do dinner and a movie at Max's / Celebration. 

Joe

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

The old Studio 28 sign is a great touch. I saw they incorporated a couple easter eggs into the new building, including some of the bricks from Studio 28. 

Can't wait to go! I think it'll draw a lot of people downtown (also people that wouldn't typically go downtown). Free, validated parking for anyone who goes to a movie. That's huge, and should benefit the restaurants around Studio Park.

Max's Tiki bar is opening soon. Excited to do dinner and a movie at Max's / Celebration. 

Joe

Agree!  It looks great!

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2019/10/long-awaited-grand-rapids-theater-entertainment-complex-opens.html

MBHGFUTHUNCKFP32IP4SIPXVWE.jpg

• Like 3