Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

3 hours ago, kwl said:

Worked across the street from the Hyatt/Warner development. I know at one points they had something similar and were using it to drill down to the gypsum mines and were shooting concrete down to fill them. 

They had 3 concrete trucks lined up along Ottawa when I passed by this afternoon. Must be what they’re doing. 

Joe

17 hours ago, kwl said:

Worked across the street from the Hyatt/Warner development. I know at one points they had something similar and were using it to drill down to the gypsum mines and were shooting concrete down to fill them. 

Ah, interesting. I also know from the Baker Furniture building re-do that a lot of that lower land has poor soils (a lot of it was swamp that was filled in for the railroad yards). Wonder if that is the case here? I don't recall them doing this at the rest of Studio Park.

6 hours ago, tSlater said:

There is a very awesome vintage style Cinema sign that has gone up at the end of the alley on Ionia and it looks like the alley is lit up now also. It looks divine!

I just saw that today too, it looks awesome. Can't wait until they have that construction fence down along the new hotel.

Checked out Studio Park yesterday and it's super impressive.  The staff is awesome, the reclining seats are great, and it was super clean.  Maybe it's just me, but the picture seemed much more clear and the sound/bass much better.  Might be hard to convince me to go to a movie in the burbs in the future....

47 minutes ago, Floyd_Z said:

Checked out Studio Park yesterday and it's super impressive.  The staff is awesome, the reclining seats are great, and it was super clean.  Maybe it's just me, but the picture seemed much more clear and the sound/bass much better.  Might be hard to convince me to go to a movie in the burbs in the future....

Are the prices similar?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

I think I read that Tuesday nights they have special rates too? I haven't been, need to go. 

Yeah I think the prices are the same (for now at least).   A little more detail... There is a lot more room with the seats, kind of a wall in front of you and behind you so you don't have to worry about someone kicking your seat or draping their feet over it.  They have automatic recliners and are heated.  There's a tray you can swivel in front of you.   The people next to us had food and drinks delivered.  There's a slushy machine :).  The staff will ask if you need parking validated.  Yeah overall super clean and great staff.  Check it out if you haven't already, I heard a couple people comment that studio park would be the only theater they go to now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The stairwell on the Southeast corner of the Acrisure building is now 5 stories. They're moving pretty quickly on this (seems like the mild weather would be favorable for this type of work). They're also at different stages on two other stairwells. One is 2-3 stories, the other looks like they just poured the first floor yesterday. 

Joe

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

Maybe I'm being selfish, but why didnt they just alter the plans to include both Acrisure buildings in one?

The master plan for this project includes a apartment tower that is suppose to sit on top of the parking garage, directly behind this office building.   I taller Asrisure building here would block the views of apartment building.  

Edited by mpchicago
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

The master plan for this project includes a apartment tower that is suppose to sit on top of the parking garage, directly behind this office building.   I taller Asrisure building here would block the views of apartment building.  

I know. So throw the apartments on top of the Arcisure building after that!

• Like 1