joeDowntown

Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

3 hours ago, Prankster said:

Maybe it’s just the angles of the pics, but it looks to be very sparsely stocked for such a large space. 

I think their main business is gift boxes, so a lot of online items. 

Joe

I love it. I love these kinds of signs in cities and this helps add depth and creative aspects to a parking ramp. Tbh, I don’t care what the content is, this, naked lady, Jesus, Calder outline.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, droonus2000 said:

I love it. I love these kinds of signs in cities and this helps add depth and creative aspects to a parking ramp. Tbh, I don’t care what the content is, this, naked lady, Jesus, Calder outline.

I think it could have been done better. But I do agree, signs make a city more vibrant

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 7:39 AM, Cookin_peacocks said:

I dunno how I feel about this. On one hand, I want to see more signs like cities used to have.

On the other ....

IMG_20201231_064238.jpg

Looks like this is a temp sign for part of an ArtPrize promo video that they rolled out a day or two ago...

3 hours ago, cstonesparty said:

Looks like this is a temp sign for part of an ArtPrize promo video that they rolled out a day or two ago...

It definitely looks temporary because it's on scaffolding, but the sign sure looks intricate and high quality for a few seconds in a promo.

22 hours ago, cstonesparty said:

This was an Artprize entry located on Calder Plaza a few years back. 

I'll just add my voice here that my goodness, does this project look amazing downtown.  The Acrisure building fits so well into the s curve area. driving through there feels almost...metropolitan.  God I want this pandemic to be over so I can get back to enjoying being about town!!

Edited by grandrollerz

2 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

I'll just add my voice here that my goodness, does this project look amazing downtown.  The Acrisure building fits so well into the s curve area. driving through there feels almost...metropolitan.  God I want this pandemic to be over so I can get back to enjoying being about town!!!

Maybe someone with experience can answer this, but why is this plan so hard to read?  I call myself an armchair urban planner and this was hard to consume.  Maybe my brain is too used to powerpoints but I feel like i would need to print this out to read it.  

What plan?

It really is an awesome project.  Any word on when they'll begin the project to the west?  After they finish this?

I noticed that Acrisure's office out in Caledonia seems to be vacated and their sign is gone. Have all of their people made the move downtown? 

10 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I noticed that Acrisure's office out in Caledonia seems to be vacated and their sign is gone. Have all of their people made the move downtown? 

And the space in Caledonia has already been gobbled up. :) Can't say who, but they've been in the news lately (expansion, not new to the market).

Joe

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Where was their Caledonia office? I searched and couldn't find anything.

1 hour ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Where was their Caledonia office? I searched and couldn't find anything.

South Beltline, close to Davenport. Look up the Campbell Group. Acrisure actually started as a "side project" of the Campbell Group. Now the Campbell Group is basically a branch of Acrisure. :)

Joe

East side of Kraft across from  Davenport up against M-6 in the Farmers, ex Foremost Office Park . Foremost built the private streets and moved there from Kraft and 28th. That was the 1st Foremost Office Park.

Acrisure just raised $3.4 BILLION dollars. I hope they take a sliver of that and start building the tower next to studio park. :)

Local insurance broker Acrisure closed two transactions that together raised over $3.4 billion to support its future growth and vision for technology initiatives.

https://grbj.com/news/banking-finance/acrisure-secures-3-4b-in-capital-raise/

2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Acrisure just raised $3.4 BILLION dollars. I hope they take a sliver of that and start building the tower next to studio park. :)

I thought the same thing...I was hoping there was tower info in the article.  That's a ton of capital...wow!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Dang! Maybe they'll go even taller. Or take over the proposed apartment tower. 

That's be sweet to have two 18- 20 story towers right next to the s-curve. There may be a few more fender benders though. :)

1377593307_StudioParkresidentialtower.th

1902280710_StudioPark131view.thumb.JPG.d

imagevdbjo.png