Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

The city commission improved the incentives needed for studio park to move forward with the residential tower last Tuesday. They had said in earlier interviews that they could get started in June, and I imagine it will go vertical quite quickly as everything is “in place”. 

Joe

14 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

The city commission improved the incentives needed for studio park to move forward with the residential tower last Tuesday. They had said in earlier interviews that they could get started in June, and I imagine it will go vertical quite quickly as everything is “in place”. 

Joe

I think the lobby for the tower already exists along Oakes east of Acisure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Nothing major, but Acrisure just bought the naming rights to Heinze Field in Pittsburgh. Home of the Steelers.

That’s fairly big lol.  Pittsburgh seems geographically obscure for a Grand Rapids company to buy stadium naming rights.  But I suppose if you want to get you’re name out there it’s a good way to do it.  Right now everyone in Pittsburgh is like “wtf is accrisure”.   Hell half the people in GR probably don’t know what it is. 

Hopefully this is a signal of how ambitious they intend to be with their growth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJLO said:

That’s fairly big lol.  Pittsburgh seems geographically obscure for a Grand Rapids company to buy stadium naming rights.  But I suppose if you want to get you’re name out there it’s a good way to do it.  Right now everyone in Pittsburgh is like “wtf is accrisure”.   Hell half the people in GR probably don’t know what it is. 

Hopefully this is a signal of how ambitious they intend to be with their growth. 

I'm hoping they improve their footprint in the city. Like by building that tower in the empty lot next door.

If that’s the kind of deals they are pursuing, I don’t think that tower is going to be big enough.

I thought who the F has a big presence in Pittsburg and the money to buy stadium naming rights. Meijer made the most sense, but barely. I also don’t think they have stores there. Never would I guess Acrisure. 

1 hour ago, droonus2000 said:

If that’s the kind of deals they are pursuing, I don’t think that tower is going to be big enough.

I thought who the F has a big presence in Pittsburg and the money to buy stadium naming rights. Meijer made the most sense, but barely. I also don’t think they have stores there. Never would I guess Acrisure. 

Apparently one of their acquisitions was an AI tech firm in PGH.  The billionaire they bought it from has a small stake in the Steelers if I read it right.  That makes a little more sense.   

Sounds more like a strategic investment to really start boosting their name nationally 

2 hours ago, MJLO said:

Apparently one of their acquisitions was an AI tech firm in PGH.  The billionaire they bought it from has a small stake in the Steelers if I read it right.  That makes a little more sense.   

Sounds more like a strategic investment to really start boosting their name nationally 

I may have dreamt this, or maybe said it (just not in the predicitions thread), but I think when acrisure builds the tower, it’ll be significantly bigger than the 16 they originally proposed. I’m not saying it’ll be 50, but even a 20-30 story building occupied by one tenant would be significant. 

Go Steelers? LOL

17 hours ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Nothing major, but Acrisure just bought the naming rights to Heinze Field in Pittsburgh. Home of the Steelers.

Steelers fans don’t seem pleased. Acrisure has been spammed with bad reviews on multiple platforms. :rolleyes:

B0E175AF-4AE5-4377-8EA6-C7714912A5DD.thumb.jpeg.895e2148db661286014f359c89434b8d.jpeg

Edited by WMrapids

On 7/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, MJLO said:

Article in the Detroit Free Press today tells that Greg Williams, the founder and CEO of Acrisure, is a long time fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I guess if you are big enough fan and have got the money, that's something you can do with it,  Towards the end the article also mentions his connection to Tulco, the AI firm based in Pittsburgh:

FREE PRESS: Greg Williams, Acrisure, and Steelers

And here's the press release the Steelers put out about the naming deal:

press release

Edited by walker
because I realized I've been spelling Pittsburgh wrong all these years.

11 hours ago, walker said:

Article in the Detroit Free Press today tells that Greg Williams, the founder and CEO of Acrisure, is a long time fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I guess if you are big enough fan and have got the money, that's something you can do with it,  Towards the end the article also mentions his connection to Tulco, the AI firm based in Pittsburgh:

FREE PRESS: Greg Williams, Acrisure, and Steelers

And here's the press release the Steelers put out about the naming deal:

press release

Great article. Thanks for sharing. 

2 hours ago, wingbert said:

I know this is a horrible thing to say, but the way Acrisure seemingly came out of nowhere and has blown up with a what appears to be an unlimited budget, sort of gives me Cybernet vibes for some reason.

Haha. I would have similar feelings if I wasn’t somewhat familiar with what they do. They started as an insurance company and started growing the acrisure side out of necessity/seeing a gap in the market. That much private equity always freaks me out for long term success (or growing roots in the community), but I think of them as the Ace Hardware against Hone depot/Lowes (only for the insurance industry). Don’t know if that analogy is totally accurate, but that’s how I see it in my mind. 

someone needs to go to the CEO’s office and check for fake Ming Dynasty vases. Haha

Joe

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Maybe it's BOTH!

LOL. They haven't even broken ground on Acrisure yet, and I'm not even sure it's happening yet? 

I haven't seen anything about the residential tower being downsized so we're looking at 16 floors on top of 6, or basically a 22 story building. Exciting!

1902280710_StudioPark131view.thumb.JPG.d

Here is a video of J.D. Loeks giving a presentation on it at the city commission meeting back in February that someone posted previously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

LOL. They haven't even broken ground on Acrisure yet, and I'm not even sure it's happening yet? 

Believe me, Im teasing. AFAIK the Acrisure tower is still just futures. Though I did hear that they moved into a large, recently vacated headquarters in Caledonia (Perrigo maybe) for the time being. I believe they've already filled the new building at Studio Park, so that tower is gonna happen. Where? I don't know. 

So, anyways, yes. I'm almost sure this is the residential tower. They thought that was going to begin in June at the earliest several months ago, so that makes the most sense.

5 minutes ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Believe me, Im teasing. AFAIK the Acrisure tower is still just futures. Though I did hear that they moved into a large, recently vacated headquarters in Caledonia (Perrigo maybe) for the time being. I believe they've already filled the new building at Studio Park, so that tower is gonna happen. Where? I don't know. 

So, anyways, yes. I'm almost sure this is the residential tower. They thought that was going to begin in June at the earliest several months ago, so that makes the most sense.

Wasn't Acrisure already in a building in Caledonia right off the highway? In the Foremost business park? I know LMCU took over part of that building but all of it? 

Perrigo is in Allegan and they still have a big presence in Allegan, AFAIK.