Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

1 minute ago, GRDadof3 said:

Wasn't Acrisure already in a building in Caledonia right off the highway? In the Foremost business park? I know LMCU took over part of that building but all of it? 

Perhaps. I know it's all temporary though. The more I think about it, the more I wonder the odds of Acrisure vacating Studio Park for a centralized skyscraper, the way they are growing at lightspeed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Perhaps. I know it's all temporary though. The more I think about it, the more I wonder the odds of Acrisure vacating Studio Park for a centralized skyscraper, the way they are growing at lightspeed.

I just hope they dont get reckless and end up doing something stupid and then going bankrupt, or decide to relocate to like Toledo or Milwaukee.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

I just hope they dont get reckless and end up doing something stupid and then going bankrupt, or decide to relocate to like Toledo or Milwaukee.

Lol I’m trying to think of any sane company saying “We need to relocate, to a more cosmopolitan metro with a more educated workforce.  Let’s move toToledo.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Considering they haven't built their tower at Ottawa and Oakes yet, if they need more space they could always just increase the size of that. 

And once they're in fully built-out Studio Park, that area becomes a major hub. Acrisure, Miller Johnson, Meritage, Founders, Van Andel Arena and all the other entertainment options, Rapid Central Station...it will have a serious claim to being the economic heart of GR (for non-healthcare economic drivers, anyway).  It will never have the history or beauty of Rosa Parks Circle, but it could lay claim to being the new "center" of town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khorasaurus1 said:

Considering they haven't built their tower at Ottawa and Oakes yet, if they need more space they could always just increase the size of that. 

And once they're in fully built-out Studio Park, that area becomes a major hub. Acrisure, Miller Johnson, Meritage, Founders, Van Andel Arena and all the other entertainment options, Rapid Central Station...it will have a serious claim to being the economic heart of GR (for non-healthcare economic drivers, anyway).  It will never have the history or beauty of Rosa Parks Circle, but it could lay claim to being the new "center" of town. 

Especially once the amphitheatre and tower along with that are built. 

I fully expect that the founders lots be filled in once the amphitheatre gets going.

The view of this tower (and the Acrisure tower eventually) from 131 is going to be crazy. I'm sure there are other examples of an elevated freeway passing that close to high rises, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Things will get even more dramatic if/when there are taller buildings along the river south of Fulton. S-Curve drivers will feel like Spiderman swinging between buildings....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khorasaurus1 said:

The view of this tower (and the Acrisure tower eventually) from 131 is going to be crazy. I'm sure there are other examples of an elevated freeway passing that close to high rises, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Things will get even more dramatic if/when there are taller buildings along the river south of Fulton. S-Curve drivers will feel like Spiderman swinging between buildings....

It will look awesome from the highway.  Kind of reminds me of 90 through Chicago, although that is a depressed freeway.