Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

my guess would be that most breweries still pull in an alt/hipster service staff and the age/demographic of service staff is that they are the first out/proud generation of trans kids and are able to advocate for themselves and they feel safe to do it publicly....as they should.

if we're pinning stuff, can we unpin those those other two ancient posts?  they make the board feel old, lol

Edited by grandrollerz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this quote from the mayor about this project:

“This building is changing our skyline and we need more like it to truly change and grow our housing system. We need to look at every vacant and underused property across our city as a housing opportunity.”

it actually gives me some hope that the city will start actively supporting higher density projects, and work with developers to make them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Prankster said:

“This building is changing our skyline and we need more like it to truly change and grow our housing system. We need to look at every vacant and underused property across our city as a housing opportunity.”

it actually gives me some hope that the city will start actively supporting higher density projects, and work with developers to make them. 

My biggest takeaway from the State of the City last week - totally optimism inducing. Think we will see some transit alongside the density increase?

4 hours ago, Prankster said:

A linear building along Louis across from Rosa Parks Circle has been on my wish list for a while. Ground floor retail, a parking ramp, with apartments above, kinda like a taller Arena Place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

A linear building along Louis across from Rosa Parks Circle has been on my wish list for a while. Ground floor retail, a parking ramp, with apartments above, kinda like a taller Arena Place.

That's the spot for a signature skyline-defining tower. Could/should absolutely be residential, though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheLonesomeHobo said:

Anyone know if the crane is going to get raised again? I just drove by and noticed the building is nearing the height of the crane.

On a completely off topic and unrelated note, does GRdad not active on here any longer? He always had the most informative posts.

I wondered about that as well. I would expect to see the crane parts in the car park across the way soon.