Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

11 hours ago, TheLonesomeHobo said:

On a completely off topic and unrelated note, does GRdad not active on here any longer? He always had the most informative posts.

It has been quieter here without him.  If we keep posting pictures of cranes, he might come back! :)

• Haha 3

On 5/18/2023 at 1:14 AM, TheLonesomeHobo said:

Anyone know if the crane is going to get raised again? I just drove by and noticed the building is nearing the height of the crane.

On a completely off topic and unrelated note, does GRdad not active on here any longer? He always had the most informative posts.

I have wondered the same about GRdad. Haven’t seen him around here in a long time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GRLaker said:

I have wondered the same about GRdad. Haven’t seen him around here in a long time. 

He’s still alive and kickin’. He’s been taking a break, but he’s still lurking and I’m sure some news will bring him out from the shadows. Makes me laugh that when we see a crane, we think of @GRDadof3’s crane fetish. LOL. 

Joe

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

That garage looks almost full, that's great for downtown.  I wonder how many spaces will be reserved for residents?   I would think all the ramps around there are pretty near capacity at times.  The city could build a ramp and sell the air rights or partner with a developer like the last two ramps.  Hopefully higher than 22 stories though, the area's starting to fill up

6 hours ago, Khorasaurus1 said:

10 years ago this picture would have been parking lots and the S-Curve. Pretty incredible. 

5 hours ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Next floor going up

When I was driving west on 196, past the zoo, you could really see this. It definitely changes the skyline already.

PXL_20230629_135030724.jpg

It's kinda weird from 196 because it looks really far away from the rest of the skyline. It makes the city feel bigger though, which is cool. 

7 hours ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

Next floor going up

When I was driving west on 196, past the zoo, you could really see this. It definitely changes the skyline already.

I was thinking we'll need someone to get an updated skyline shot at some point.  The new spectrum building on Michigan and the new ramp will probably be visible too

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

If I'm counting correctly, six more stories until it tops out? Tall enough for the top floor to be hidden in the wildfire smoke? LOL.

Had heard Acrisure was looking for more space close by. Anyone know how many floors they leased in the old Grid 70 building?

Joe

Hard to believe they've already outgrown their new digs at SP.... I'd have to imagine they are in pretty deep talks for their next major project.