Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan_in_DC

Any new places to grab a drink in the city?

6 posts in this topic

So I'm doing a little road trip back home next week with the girlfriend and we'll be staying in the city a couple of days. Any suggestions for any new places that may have opened up in the last 6 months that would be worth checking out for a good cocktail? I keep hearing good things about Patterson House...

depends on what you like.

I like more dive bars and frequent midtown(red door, brewhouse). But if you like upper scale the patterson house is great, as is the holland house. I'm also quite partial to 12th south taproom

Haven't been to 12 South Taproom before, may have to check it out. Is Beer Sellar still any good? Haven't been in there in years...

have actually never been to the beer sellar, I dont make it to the touristy part of downtown that often, i stick around midtown/village/12 south since thats easier

I was at Beer Sellar last week and they had one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I've had in some time. Of course I was really hungry and it wasn't the first stop of the night so my judgement may have been skewed a little.

The Pharmacy right next to the Holland House would also be a good choice if the weather is nice.

On my way back to PHL right now, we hit up Yazoo's great taproom first, then we headed downtown to Beer Sellar for a drink, and finished up the night at Burger Up. Unfortunately I wasn't in town quite long enough to go to all the places I usually hit up, or some of the newer locales. Oh well, back in three weeks for the sister's graduation at Vandy, so there will be appropriate celebrations in the area for that!