arcturus

Restaurant with counter?

11 posts in this topic

Give me your suggestions on a relatively inexpensive place to have breakfast that has a counter to sit down at. Thanks.

Real Food Cafe (original one in Alger Heights) would be my recommendation. It fits both criteria.

Real Food, without a doubt... one of the best restaurants in Grand Rapids....

Thanks for all the replies so far. Anything (other than Real Food) toward the south end like 44th St?

Thanks for all the replies so far. Anything (other than Real Food) toward the south end like 44th St?

Red Geranium on Byron Center road across from Metro Hospital. (I wish they were still on Mchigan near Butterworth Hospital.)

Pretty sure that diner on 44th has a counter, along with booths and jukeboxes and milkshakes. Hippie hash. Fleetwood! (Took me typing 16 words to recall the name.)

1 person likes this

There's a place similar to the Fleetwood but smaller and in the middle of pedestrian hell: Cascade. Little trailer of a thing off on the side of a big box parking lot. Really enjoyed the food there, but it was a good 4 years ago now I think. Hopefully they're still around.

There's a place similar to the Fleetwood but smaller and in the middle of pedestrian hell: Cascade. Little trailer of a thing off on the side of a big box parking lot. Really enjoyed the food there, but it was a good 4 years ago now I think. Hopefully they're still around.

Pal's, apparently in the parking lot of the D&W. It was a shooting location for Touchback, the movie filmed mostly at Coopersville HS, which has its grand opening on Friday. There's an old car meet-up at Pal's beforehand. (Sorry, Tony!)

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/04/touchback_star_brian_presley_d.html

Edited by Veloise

Pal's, apparently in the parking lot of the D&W. It was a shooting location for Touchback, the movie filmed mostly at Coopersville HS, which has its grand opening on Friday. There's an old car meet-up at Pal's beforehand. (Sorry, Tony!)

http://www.mlive.com..._presley_d.html

I've been to Pal's a few times, though it's been a while. The food has always been good.

I went to Fleetwood on 44th a couple of years ago. I don't remember for sure, but I think they have a counter. My food was decent, but my wife didn't like her spaghetti.