Orlando Outlook

IAmFloridaBorn

I think this thread will give readers an opportunity to know "Whats Happening" from an economic "Recovery" standpoint around the Orlando area. I listed just a few major ones I could remember off the top of my head. Feel free to share your opinion and add!

$8Billion Worth of projects for the area!

Wekiva Parkway - $2 Billion

$1.66B Wekiva Parkway on way toward ground breaking in fall - Orlando Sentinel

I-4 Toll Roads and Bridge Improvements - $2 Billion

Toll lanes coming to Interstate 4

Mica Wavers On I-4 Toll Opposition - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

SunRail - $1.5 Billion, although not entirely in Orlando, still significant impact.

Orlando International Airport Renovations - $475 Million

Orlando Airport Expansion: If You Build It, They Will Come - Will New Florida High Speed Rail Connect with OIA? : Florida Commercial News : Florida Real Estate Attorney & Lawyer for Land & Retail Development, & Leasing : Eckstein Schechter Law

Magic Kingdom Expansion - $450 Million

Giant expansion of Disney's Magic Kingdom features multiattractions galore - Tampa Bay Times

New Performing Arts Center - $400 Million

City of Orlando Community Venues

Orlando Health - $300 Million

Orlando Health announces $297M expansion - Orlando Business Journal

ORMC expansion: Orlando Regional Medical Center announced $300 million expansion plans for 2012 - Orlando Sentinel

The Rida Downtown SunRail LCS Development - $200 Million

Downtown development: Central Station would bring $200 million in downtown development - Orlando Sentinel

The Renovation For Festival Bay Mall - $100 Million

Festival Bay will get major makeover, could return as open-air shopping complex - Orlando Sentinel

Festival Bay owner prepares $100M revamp - Orlando Business Journal

The Expansion of Orlando Prime Outlet -$1300 Per sq ft, 80,000 sq. ft.= Approx $100 Million

Orlando-area outlet malls continue to grow - Orlando Sentinel

The I-Drive Live Project - $100 Million

I-Drive Live: Developers embrace new name for International Drive wheel attraction - Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Theme Park News: Preview of the New "I-Drive LIVE" Project

The Orlando Magic - $100 Million Development

Orlando Magic: The Orlando Magic are given an exclusive purchase option on a city-owned garage. - Orlando Sentinel

I Shops - $50 Million

I-Shops International Drive: Unicorp reveals plans of I-Shops development on I-Drive - Orlando Sentinel

Florida Hospital Mixed Use - $30 Million

Florida Hospital details new $29M mixed-use building - Orlando Business Journal

Florida Hospital Expansion - $25 Million

Florida Hospital Plans $25-Million Expansion for Orlando {sodEmoji.|} News from other sources {sodEmoji.|} ENR Southeast {sodEmoji.|} McGraw-Hill Construction

The Expansion of Fun Spot - $20 Million

Fun Spot Expansion Plans - ParkRumors.com

Winnie Palmer Expansion - $13 Million

News

Lymmo BRT Expansion - $13 Million

Lynx, city finalize plans for $12.5M Lymmo expansion - Orlando Business Journal

Sea World Expansion - Undisclosed cost

SeaWorld new rides: SeaWorld Orlando is expected to announce today three new attractions to be built over the next two years - Orlando Sentinel

The Creative Village - No specific cost, but will stimulate the economic drive in Orlando specifically downtown.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for putting this together -- awesome list!

I made this map a while ago, where I wanted to highlight recent and upcoming projects (in blue) and lots that should be developed (red). It mostly focuses on downtown projects. You can click most shapes for more info. I haven't worked on it in a while, so it definitely needs some updating and more pictures.

It does make me sad, though, that $2 billion for Wekiva and $2 billion for I-4 expansion barely caused any civic upheaval, while Orlando and DPAC almost didn't happen. Overall, it will still be another great decade of development for Orlando and Central Florida!

It is amazing to witness the expansion projects curretly taking place in Orlando. I truly hope this turns out to be a good thing for the local residents of Central Florida . Especially for local area businesses such as Orlando Restaurants, Orlando Golf, and Orlando Weddings & Events.

I Know I'm happy for this city and place. I cant wait to read more. My list is only what I remember. I'm sure there is more,.

Thanks for putting this together -- awesome list!

I made this map a while ago, where I wanted to highlight recent and upcoming projects (in blue) and lots that should be developed (red). It mostly focuses on downtown projects. You can click most shapes for more info. I haven't worked on it in a while, so it definitely needs some updating and more pictures.

It does make me sad, though, that $2 billion for Wekiva and $2 billion for I-4 expansion barely caused any civic upheaval, while Orlando and DPAC almost didn't happen. Overall, it will still be another great decade of development for Orlando and Central Florida!

Thanks. I just remember reading. I know I didnt get every project, but I'm gld for the construction and development. i'm sure there is more I myself dont know about but I'm sure there is more. I love your map. I've never heard of plus 1. What are the shape things though?

I've never heard of plus 1. What are the shape things though?

If you drive by (or even Google street-view it), the sign is still there saying "COMING SOON Luxury Residential Condominiums & Professional Office Space." It's been there a while, though, and the website (plus1orlando.com) is down. It looks like it was proposed and approved in 2006. Maybe another candidate for a comeback?

The shapes on the map are outlines of the lots where the development will take place.

• 4 weeks later...

Great information and comments you guys. I was noticing some upgrades and expansion projects on the I-Drive area are really taking off. I saw where Jack's Place Restaurant located in the Rosen Plaza received a nice face lift. As well as many other improvements in the I-Drive area. As a local Orlando resident, this provides some postive growth for consideration.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived