Jump to content

Roundabouts/Traffic Circles?


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's as if they Read us here on UP.....they actually saw my suggestion from a year or two ago and will act upon it! The afflicted intersection that is Lobdell/IndependenceBlvd/Government St. will

Definitely. Now if only we could connect Dalrymple with Parker Blvd. and get a roundabout at Parker Blvd. and W Lakesore/S Stadium Drive.

Good call Antrell   Looking at the plans for LSU's proposed Nicholson Gateway project...looks like it includes two roundabouts along Nicholson; one at the Nicholson extension; the other at Burbank.

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

Good question Dan..   It's like they listened to my recommendation adding Roundabout   for the afflicted Lobdell/Government/Independence Blvd intersection

Here it is "Under Construction"....almost like a cool/gateway entrance into the eastern residential section of Mid City..and the new brick wall at the new Adele neighborhood

IMG_0933.thumb.jpg.ba71df3aaf0187d860436985a4167650.jpg

 

IMG_0935.thumb.jpg.e03d815926057110c72a327c82460642.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Old Hammond Hwy Will Finally be Widened from Blvd. DeProvence East to Millerville Road....need to go all the way to Florida Blvd/Hwy 190

A Roundabout is planned at the So.Flannery Rd intersection; (was not expecting that)  & Blvd. DeProvince possibly too??  

This project will take extra time widening bridges(new?) @ Jones Creek & Lively Bayou

https://movebr.brla.gov/communication/view-in-browser?trk=view-in-browser:32621:815:205:58149C9099B978418E685BF5E9431B84

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 1:35 PM, richyb83 said:

Old Hammond Hwy Will Finally be Widened from Blvd. DeProvence East to Millerville Road....need to go all the way to Florida Blvd/Hwy 190

A Roundabout is planned at the So.Flannery Rd intersection; (was not expecting that)  & Blvd. DeProvince possibly too??  

This project will take extra time widening bridges(new?) @ Jones Creek & Lively Bayou

https://movebr.brla.gov/communication/view-in-browser?trk=view-in-browser:32621:815:205:58149C9099B978418E685BF5E9431B84

 

 

Wow. 

I thought you were mistaken, but you aren't.  They are going to try to fit a roundabout there without taking any surrounding structure:

image.thumb.png.8c4a672ee8875c0ff08ad8ce77446e31.png

There will be a learning curve, but this will flow a lot better than the existing setup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 7:38 PM, richyb83 said:

Good question Dan..   It's like they listened to my recommendation adding Roundabout   for the afflicted Lobdell/Government/Independence Blvd intersection

Here it is "Under Construction"....almost like a cool/gateway entrance into the eastern residential section of Mid City..and the new brick wall at the new Adele neighborhood

IMG_0933.thumb.jpg.ba71df3aaf0187d860436985a4167650.jpg

 

IMG_0935.thumb.jpg.e03d815926057110c72a327c82460642.jpg

 

I wish that intersection was a round a bout years ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Maybe our recommendations are read here on UP.....This was the prefect afflicted intersection for a Roundabout! Government/Independence/Lobdell

New wall to the right is part of the new upscale residential development  Adelia at Old Goodwood

IMG_1448.thumb.jpg.a359c8e8e403b47a75691776060007b1.jpg

IMG_1449.thumb.jpg.adf57faf92cbbd509a9e018031daa174.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2020 at 1:35 PM, richyb83 said:

Old Hammond Hwy Will Finally be Widened from Blvd. DeProvence East to Millerville Road....need to go all the way to Florida Blvd/Hwy 190

 

 

Unpopular opinion:  I would only widen Old Hammond to 3 lanes (2 way with a center turn lane, sidewalks, and lighting) between O'Neal and Florida.   I see this as  a way of funneling more traffic on US-190 and throttling the commuter traffic entering Old Hammond from Denham Springs.    I have the same opinion of the new bridge over the Comite at Hooper Road, but I'm abandoning that one since they are getting funding to widen Hooper to 4 lanes all the way to Greenwell Springs.

And I would also go with an asphalt-surface 4 lane boulevard between Blvd de Province and O'Neal over a concrete 5 lane road, as more of the roadside development is residential in nature and generates less traffic.   Boulevards are safer and the tree lined medians absorb some of the road noise.  

8 hours ago, richyb83 said:

Maybe our recommendations are read here on UP.....This was the prefect afflicted intersection for a Roundabout! Government/Independence/Lobdell

New wall to the right is part of the new upscale residential development  Adelia at Old Goodwood

IMG_1448.thumb.jpg.a359c8e8e403b47a75691776060007b1.jpg

IMG_1449.thumb.jpg.adf57faf92cbbd509a9e018031daa174.jpg

WOW.  That came out well!  I certainly appreciate your photos RB83!    I honestly can't wait until all of this shows up on the latest satellite photos of the area.

Are those tire skid marks on the new pavement already?   I guess there is a learning curve.   I don't think our highly intellectual friends over in Walker have figured out those roundabouts at their I-12 interchange yet.  It honestly concerns me how little attention people are paying to the road in front of them.   

Edited by cajun
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed Cajun.....4 lane w medians would work well on Old Hammond  btwn Blvd de Provence & O'Neal; would be curious to see how they would do the two bridges at Jones Creek & Lively Bayou?

Assuming you meant new bridge over the Amite for Hooper Road...as much as i;m sure it's needed headed toward growing Watson; often wondered if a new bridge over the Amite for a widened Harrel's Ferry Road into Denham Springs  south would be more beneficial. Another alternate route to I-12 & Hwy 190.  But no such plans exist.

Your welcome. Me too....enjoy updated satellite aerials very much!  Wish Google 3D would update in BR too....

Here's another Roundabout ....

This one in the growing community of Central on the jagged Lovett Road at Magnolia Square...a mini urban village in the middle of rural suburbia; nice location for a Roundabout coming of a 90 degree curve

IMG_1456.thumb.jpg.8089f5b92829f16c89647f9c3b38e4b5.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe our recommendations are read here on UP.....This was the prefect afflicted intersection for a Roundabout! Government/Independence/Lobdell
New wall to the right is part of the new upscale residential development  Adelia at Old Goodwood
IMG_1448.thumb.jpg.a359c8e8e403b47a75691776060007b1.jpg
IMG_1449.thumb.jpg.adf57faf92cbbd509a9e018031daa174.jpg
I love this roundabout, been asking for it for years. But I really wish zoning would not allow for that type of development to be designed that way. (Wall facing the street) It would look much better with homes fronting the street. Now that stretch is permanently empty.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.