Skyhouse Apartments

orulz

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are working on the 22nd floor now...one more to go! Sad to see it stop. :-(

Don't worry...I walk past it every day....they are just finishing the full length of the 20th and should be tying rebar for 21 early next week. The easiest way to count is go look at the elevator which was up to 18, and I see two more above that. Anyway, you've got a few more still. 

• 2 weeks later...

Houston's skyhouse put a tennis court on the top of their parking deck.  I know its a bit different since the developer actually built that parking deck for the apartments and in Raleigh the deck was already built and owned by the City, buuuuut, you rarely see this deck in Raleigh full and it would be nice to see more active uses of rooftops in Raleigh.

I wonder if the City would even be receptive if the developer requested putting a tennis court, and/or basketball courts on the top of the parking deck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just walked past the competed Atlanta Skyhouse and decided I don't like it one bit. The unadorned exposed concrete columns attempt at being minimalist falls short to me. Their skyhouse is also accompanied by about 4 other similar but much larger structures presumably by the same architect or developer. It feels Stalinistic when you have so many in one place. Also theirs is right up against a row of large victorian houses with bars in them. I hope that this encroachment on Atlanta's "Oakwood" (by the way the adjacent neighborhood is a dead ringer for Oakwood...pretty cool actually) isn't a prelude to a push east of highrises in this City. I took pics I hope to post soon

• 3 weeks later...

Archived