Skyhouse Apartments

orulz

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm somewhat skeptical anything that could even flirt with the 40-floor height limit is going to be proposed any time soon. I wish I were wrong, but unless a big company decides to set up shop in downtown, doesn't look like that's happening for a while, unless it's a residential tower, which is not out of the realm of possibility.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If my counting is correct, as of today they are working on story 11 or 12. They have almost reached the midpoint.

This thing is really taking shape.

15 days later and the 16th floor ceiling/ 17th floor, floorplate is finishing up on the east end, as the 17th floor columns are starting on the west end of the building. I counted twice to be sure. 

This calls for a picture which I shall provide tonight. Also I am counting the split 1st floor/mezzanine as one floor...not sure if that is correct or not...also as the 17th floor columns go in the 18th floor plate is immediately poured as the next scaffolding prop is swung up from the floor below. So if you count the mezzanine and the first pour on the next floor then I'll say 19...anyway..pic!

The floors are numbered on south side of the building on the construction elevators. They have almost finished pouring the floor plate for the 17th floor and have the scaffolding raised across most of the building for the 18th.  They counted the mezzanine as part of the first floor.  

I noticed Skyhouse today from the I-40 stretch just south of downtown, and from that vantage the view of the tower is not impeded by the Red Hat tower. It's also expanding the skyline horizontally to the east.

I came back from the beach up Hammond Rd specifically to check this angle out and I like it. 

RE the Skyhouse website that view from InitialD really shows how how taller buildings are making more of a squared off district instead of the old linear Fayetteville arrangement (I realize Wells Fargo isn't in the view)

Working on the 20th floor now.  And website is on line now... http://skyhouseraleigh.com/

Also, check out the link for the retail space advertisement too.  Three spaces: 2,225 sf at the west corner, 2,430 sf in the middle, and 878 sf at the Moore Sq corner.  Looks like the residence entrance is basically in the alley to the parking deck... strange it doesn't front Blount Street.

Working on the 20th floor now.  And website is on line now... http://skyhouseraleigh.com/

Also, check out the link for the retail space advertisement too.  Three spaces: 2,225 sf at the west corner, 2,430 sf in the middle, and 878 sf at the Moore Sq corner.  Looks like the residence entrance is basically in the alley to the parking deck... strange it doesn't front Blount Street.

Probably makes it easier to move in and out and for deliveries and such too. Saw 20th column forms going in today too. So fast!

Archived