Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cedsed

Complete List of Apartment Buildings in Grand Rapids

5 posts in this topic

Planners or other experts, please help me with this: Looking for a way to find all buildings coded for apartment use in GR. Rental websites seem to have listings only for sites that pay to advertise them. Is there a way to search for all GR properties that have apartment coding?

Thanks.

Planners or other experts, please help me with this: Looking for a way to find all buildings coded for apartment use in GR. Rental websites seem to have listings only for sites that pay to advertise them. Is there a way to search for all GR properties that have apartment coding?

Thanks.

Do you mean zoned for multiple-family uses? You could check the zoning map.

Are you looking for a place to rent, or invest in, or...?

Thanks, Veloise. I am a noob, and I spent some time on the City website, but I was actually looking for specific buildings, not neighborhoods. I don't know if there is any way to search by type of building, but I definitely couldn't figure it out. I live in an apartment building in Heritage Hill, but when I was looking, I sort of just wandered around the neighborhood to find what I liked. There are a lot of apartment buildings in the neighborhood, but the rental websites only list those big complexes in the suburbs. I am actually looking for my brother now, because he wants to live nearby.

Edited by Cedsed

Luckily for you, there is such a listing for Heritage Hill (but not other neighbourhoods to my knowledge) and includes all the way down to sublets iirc. At the moment, this is the only website I can manage to load so I can't double check, but try searching google for "Heritage Hill Rentals" and you should come across a basic website with listings.

Cedsed, thanks for clarifying. Was going to launch into Tales from the Board of Zoning Appeals where an applicant would plead, "but my realty agent TOLD me it was a duplex!" and the dutiful neighbors would turn out to complain about The Tenant Atmosphere. This one time...whoops, you got me started. Anyway, the city has no master listings, and sometimes it comes as a surprise to find that a multi-family status was approved (or predated the zoning code) from the first utility installation.

Look up Rental Property Owners Assn or some such, I believe you can search by unit type. It will show you everything beyond the Heritage Hill listings Tony points out.

If you find a building you like, you can refer back to the city to determine who owns it and who to contact about a rental.

--another near-DT resident who would never consider "Rentwood"