ah59396

Celebrities in Charlotte

15 posts in this topic

This is more for fun, but I'm curious. Have any of you had any celeb sightings in Charlotte? We've got two pro teams and a moderately bustling film industry, there should be some decent ones.

I just saw Charles Johnson (Carolina Panthers, highest paid player in NFL) at the Teeter on Providence. Who have you seen? And where?!

celeb citings in the queen city begin and end with...

Rick Flair

He likes to sit at the bar at Zen Asian Fusion

Much less cool was Clair Danes at Big Ben and Damian Lewis at the East blvd Teeter (both of them were filming Homeland at the time)

I did see Jerry Richardson eating at Bill Spoon's a few months after his heart transplant.

Most recently, Steve Smith (and family) at Chick-Fil-A Stonecrest, in late-Nov. Although I didn't say anything to him, it was difficult to resist hugging him when I saw he was wearing an Activision Pitfall t-shirt.

^ Ha-ha! I didn't bother CJ either. Though I tweeted about it a little later and he messaged me back asking why I didn't say anything to him, which I thought was pretty cool. Man I love the Panthers.

I saw one of the actors from Desperate Housewives about a month ago.

No idea which one because I've never seen the show, but the two women that were with me were certain it was him. He was an older gentleman, fairly tall and slim.

I don't live in Charlotte anymore so my contributions are old.

• I saw Ron Jeremy filling up his car at the Exxon at West Mallard Creek Church Rd. and N. Tryon about 6 years ago.

• My ex-aunt got in a bar fight with Ric Flair

• I ran into Gweneth Paltrow jogging in Pellyn Wood a few times in the early 2000s.

• I have given Chilly Willy a ride to the liquor store on Graham, does he count as a celeb?

Too bad this doesn't include my experiences in NYC, my clumsy self has accidentally stumbled into or tripped both Anne Hathaway and Blake Lively and spilled a drink on Joshua Jackson.

• I have given Chilly Willy a ride to the liquor store on Graham, does he count as a celeb?

I believe we have a winner, folks. That won't be topped! :lol:

4 people like this

I believe we have a winner, folks. That won't be topped! :lol:

ahahahah wtf

Made my girlfriend at the time EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE, she sat in the back seat, Crazy Larry got to ride shotgun.

This week is kind of cheating, but so far I've seen John Oliver and Pierc Morgan out and about.

Man, I could practically reach out and touch THE DUDE today! A friend and I were walking down college and saw, a couple steps away, Jeff Bridges and another guy come out and jump on a gator to go to the main stage. He was right freaking there! Awesome!

They have GOT to do something about 7th street there. 3 people in less than a year shows there is a problem. Solution - better lighting.

Bummer about Chilly Willy. When I first moved here and went out more than I do now, I'd see him out. He obviously had his problems, but a nice guy. He'll be missed. RIP Chilly Willy.

Believe it or not, "Chilly Willy" is actually trending on Twitter. I bet he had no idea how famous he was.