Rhett @ Wardlaw Apartments

GvilleSC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'retail' apears to be the leasing office, but that fine by me. As long as it is not all garage

Haha, I didn't pay any attention to what it said, I just saw "leasing..". Good catch, and I agree, at least it's not all garage, and using it as office space will still be more interactive than apartments or parking.

I like seeing these developments spread around a several block area. It gives downtown a bigger visual footprint.

Absolutely! It's great to see things filling in, especially large footprints like this. The visual impact on Academy Street should be huge, if the Brownstones are any indication...

I hope this means we'll see streetscaping all the way from Camperdown to the railroad tracks.

The vibrant West End village district continues to expand. I would love to see some form of a major cycling center built in the South Main/River/Camperdown/Rhett/Academy area. I enjoy the growing density surrounding the river and believe cycling fits that location like a glove.

It looks great, and the density means that in the next five years Downtown could finally house stores that are only on Woodruff Road right now. Soon you won't have to leave downtown to run errands. A side note though, they put a saucer cap on one end of the building . . . sheesh :dontknow:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This project now has bank financing and will get built-

Atlanta-based Kaufman Realty Group, LLC (“KRG”) continues its expansion into multifamily, new construction investments through a joint venture with Charlotte-based Lat Purser & Associates, Inc. (“LPA”) and Ray Jones, an apartment development veteran also based in Charlotte. The team will develop a 150-unit, midrise, luxury apartment community, to be named The Rhett Street Apartments.

The project, which will begin construction in February, is being financed with capital provided by Bank of America, and equity from KRG, LPA, Jones and Columbia, SC-based Intermark Management Corporation, which will manage the property. The apartments will include 1-, and 2-bedroom floor plans within one 5-story building with garage parking. The common areas will include a well-appointed clubhouse/leasing center, fitness center, coffee bar, media lounge, an outdoor pool, and heavily landscaped courtyards.

Official news release: http://www.greenvillebusinessmag.com/View-Article/ArticleID/3005/Apartments-Planned-for-Downtown.aspx

New renderings/site plans: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2012/AUGUST/DesignReviewBoard/08-02-2012/CA-12-106-WardlawandFerguson.pdf

This project now has bank financing and will get built-

Atlanta-based Kaufman Realty Group, LLC (“KRG”) continues its expansion into multifamily, new construction investments through a joint venture with Charlotte-based Lat Purser & Associates, Inc. (“LPA”) and Ray Jones, an apartment development veteran also based in Charlotte. The team will develop a 150-unit, midrise, luxury apartment community, to be named The Rhett Street Apartments.

The project, which will begin construction in February, is being financed with capital provided by Bank of America, and equity from KRG, LPA, Jones and Columbia, SC-based Intermark Management Corporation, which will manage the property. The apartments will include 1-, and 2-bedroom floor plans within one 5-story building with garage parking. The common areas will include a well-appointed clubhouse/leasing center, fitness center, coffee bar, media lounge, an outdoor pool, and heavily landscaped courtyards.

Official news release: http://www.greenvillebusinessmag.com/View-Article/ArticleID/3005/Apartments-Planned-for-Downtown.aspx

New renderings/site plans: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2012/AUGUST/DesignReviewBoard/08-02-2012/CA-12-106-WardlawandFerguson.pdf

This is great to see! Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived