Mitt Romney for President 2012. will you vote for him?

Charlotteman

Anyone who knows me personally knows that I've firmly stated Mitt will be the nominee, for months and months...

It was his turn. That's the way the GOP does things. If the trend continues as it has for decades, Santorum will be the 2016 nominee.

But what about Romney the candidate?

Would he be someone you could support for the presidency?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I don't pay enough attention to politics or political party's. I read your comment in the other thread about it being his "Turn". Does that mean they are already grooming someone for the next nominee for prez? Cris Cristey (sp), perhaps? I can not vote for Romney or any republican until they concentrate on economic issues and let the social issues that are controlled by evangelicals and tea party float away. This is extremely presonaI to me. I am a gay male and am tired of this rhetoric. I want nothing more than what heterosexuals have and they don't seem to understand why we would want that. Every issue has to be battled for. We have to ask/protest/petition/whatever for every single right hetero's have. I am not extreme left and I think most folks, Republican or Democrat, fall somewhere in the middle. This whole strict bipartisanship is tearing this country apart. I am not a huge Obama fan, but he has my vote.

Edit for clarity. Still seems unclear.

Wow the urbanplanet thread on Obama's reelection is quite active, but this thread of Romney's quest for the presidency is garnering much less interest.

Perhaps that might prove an important point---doesn't almost everyone think Romney is going to lose? Up until a few weeks ago, Romney's chances looked like a big fat zero.

Yes his poll numbers have improved, particularly among women and the Wall Street crooks. But I'm still 100% convinced Mitt is going to be crushed in November.

He may well be crushed. But I think it may be closer than polls show now. And your comment about the other thread being so much more active is, I believe, people who voted Obama before, may or may not support him now. I have already said I could not vote Republican for president at this time. I have voted in the past for 3rd party or independents. Realizing I threw a vote away because I knew they wouldn't win. Oh, by the way, I did notice The Obama thread is so much more active and you have at least half if not more of the comments. LOL. I'm just sayin'.

^^^hehheh! Actually what I meant to say is that the Obama thread has more views.:)

My bottom-line thoughts on Mitt:

I think Mitt Romney is a classic New England Limousine Liberal, that because of his family name, found himself in the wrong party.

When he was governor of Massachusetts, Mitt tripped all over himself reassuring the citizens of the Bay State that a woman's right to chose an abortion was ironclad. And he also continually affirmed his support for gay issues... just to name two liberal issues he embraced.

To win the GOP nomination for president, Mitt had to pretend to be a right-wing whacko. Now he's against gay marriage, and abortion. He lowered himself at least a mile, in my book. Shows he will do or say anything to be elected.

By the way, does anyone think Mitt has a prayer of carrying his own state in November? History shows that when candidates don't carry their own home state's electoral votes, they have little chance of winning the Big Prize.

No chance at all of Mass going for him. So maybe if he was elected, do you think he might flip back to his other self? I'm beginning to think it will be a choice of voting for the black Obama or the white Obama. One more comment before I leave to have some delicious margaritas. Have you noticed the total absence of G.W. Bush? Is the GOP holding him hostage until the vote is over? Maybe he's out there and nobody paid any attention.

Asking Bush or Cheney to campaign for you would be like asking the Devil for help getting into heaven :sick: hehehee!

Making appearances with Donald Trump is bad enough. Could you imagine Mitt on a platform beside Bush waving to a crowd! Perhaps Mitt will even seek Donald Rumsfeld's endorsement :shok:

Have you folks been following Mitt Romney's outlandish statements about Russia? He has been saying for months that Russia is America's "#1 geopolitical foe" and America's biggest enemy, and other assorted nonsense.

The GOP is continually doing and saying offensive things, but this one is certainly up toward the top. What utter gall Mitt Romney has, to speak of Russia in such awful terms. Who in the hell does he think he is, claiming such a bizarre thing!

He should make it clear he is speaking for himself when he speaks of Russia like that. I don't think of Russia as my enemy, and no one I know feels that way either.

Mitt will never apologize, but I will go ahead and do it for him: To all the fine Russian people, I apologize for the untrue and inflammatory remarks of our presidential candidate Mitt Romney. He does not speak for all Americans.

• 1 month later...

re: Mitt Romney's Vice-Presidential pick.

It shouldn't be long until Mitt announces his choice as running mate. His campaign is so painfully boring, perhaps this choice is the only thing that could liven it up. Who do you folks think will stand beside Mitt at the GOP Convention?

some mentioned names:

Chris Christie...He's obviously the strongest choice IMHO, but unfortunately I don't see how he could carry on the rigors of a national campaign since he is so morbidly obese. As a retired nurse, I can attest to the fact that his physical abilities are highly limited with the weigh he is carrying. I'm not condemning him for being overweight, as it happens to the best of us. :blush: But I wonder if he would need an oxygen tank nearby, during hot weather campaining in the South. (Chris is about the size of Jackie Gleason, who required an oxygen tank backstage, during filming of his early Honeymooners shows)

Rick Santorum....doesn't Rick hate Mitt's guts?

Jeb Bush....his last name is a real liability. Plus isn't he about as morbidly obese as Christie? The last pic I saw of ol' Jeb, he looked pretty bad.

Bobby Jindall....undoubtedly the most hilarious politician in my lifetime. I just can't keep a straight face while trying to listen to him speak! :rofl: Would Mitt chose a running mate that damn goofy?

There are several others that have "been mentioned", but I honestly cannot remember their names~BUT last on my list is a potential running-mate that amazes me:

Condoleeza Rice...she's certainly qualified for the job, and don't most Republicans like her a lot? ...but here goes...in Washington D.C. it's the worst kept secret that Condi is a lesbian. She is a 57 year old woman that has never been married, never had any children, and has never been known to have had a boyfriend. She bought a house in D.C. with a blond woman, that has never been married, that doesn't have any kids, and has never had a known boyfriend.

There's certainly nothing wrong with being a lesbian, but doesn't the GOP supposedly hate gay people? The simple fact that she is gay has somehow stayed within the Beltway until now. If she went on Mitt's ticket, surely the national and international media would mention it, no?

Hopefully no one will scream at me for "outing" her...even though I'm about the 100,000th person to have mentioned it over the years. I have nothing against Condi at all. I wish her the best. Unfortunately she belongs to the evil, dastardly Republican Party that's willing to economically bring down the country in order to be the majority again.

by the way, normally I wouldn't mention someone's hair color during a political discussion, but I mentioned it to illustrate that the woman Condi bought the house with is white. This is relevant in case anyone wants to think perhaps the woman living with Condi is in Condi's family.

Word is Romney could announce his pick this week to get the news off of Bain and his refusal to release tax returns. Something tells me there is a connection between Bain and his tax returns. Maybe there is something in those earlier tax returns that proves Romney blatantly lied to the American people about Bain.

Condi wouldn't be the pick anyway because of her involvement with the Bush Administration. Also depending on the angle you look at Romney, he favors George H. W. Bush.

I recall hearing rumors about Hillary being a lesbian back in the Clinton years. No proof at all. Just speculation, I assume, because they didn't like her. Wait a minute, Hillary is blond. Hmmm!! She needs to get someone to convince her (Hillary) to stop wearing those awful pant suits. Did they ever prove that Mitt holds his money in off shore bank accounts? I thought I read something about that a few weeks ago and then nothing. I would think that would be just as bad as his Bain involvement.

^^ During the campaign of 2008, Hillary was called Patty Pantsuit by many social commentaries! lol Oh gosh doesn't Condi sometimes wear pantsuits too? hehehe

But back to Mitt: interesting how he was able to pay for his 2008 campaign for the Presidency, out of his own pocket. Wasn't it something like $150,000,000? A man would have to be power mad to spend that much money trying to win the top prize.

Maybe Bain Capital really financed his campaign, in secret~

Queen Ann slips up with her "You people" comment. In an interview she says "We've given all you people need to know". I guess there is a difference between them and the common folks. You know us the little people. To top it all off, she says this to a black news reporter.

• 2 weeks later...

Mitt seems to have entered an unexpected direction in his campaign for the presidency: the Era of Mitt Gaffes.

Actually his gaffes are more like full blown verbal catastrophes. Mitt just went to England, in an attempt to look "presidential", but made a complete butt out of himself. He lambasted the Brits re: the Olympics right to their faces! :sick:

Shortly afterward, he was called "dumber than Palin" by the British press. And then he was quite literally laughed out of the U.K. He has been the butt of jokes about it in England ever since.

Then he went to Jerusalem, and one event was closed to the media and "outsiders". His campaign staff must be in panic mode. Mitt just can't seem to open his mouth without putting his $2500 shoe inside it. And folks, let's be serious here, his gaffes are just downright goofy.

If this dumber than Palin thing sticks to Mitt, even for a few days, and Jay Leno and Letterman have a field day with it, his campaign could very well be over.

We may know why Mitt won't release his tax returns beyond two years. Harry Reid said a Bain investor told him "he didn't pay any taxes for ten years". Finding loop holes with off shore accounts isn't illegal but how would that look to the average struggle voter who pays their taxes? If shown to be true, it would reveal that Romney blatantly lied directly to the American people about it. He'd be toast. Romney only started paying taxes a few years before he ran for president.

http://www.huffingto...lide=more239285

• 2 weeks later...

By choosing Paul Ryan as his VP running mate, Mitt has shifted attention away from his public relations nightmare/tax return debacle.

I don't know much about Ryan, but he sure seems like a light weight to me. He's obviously just a puppet for higher powers, and does and says what he's told. Can y'all imagine him actually formulating policy? What an absurd proposition.

Paul Ryan: a snot nosed, 42 year old pretty boy, poster boy for right wing whackos.

Does anyone actually think a lightweight like Ryan would be capable of formulating a national budget? Does anyone think he has the stuff it would take to balance a checking account, let alone write a national budget?

It's just public theatre folks. This election is just a pathetic hoax, already rigged for Obama. The Dear Dictator Obama will be at the golf course for another 4 years, while the Big Boys (the CEOs) actually run things until 2016.

^^^^ gosh I'm going to comment on my own post! This must be a first-hehehe!

My post above was proven correct today by Paul Ryan's first public appearance as VP candidate. I hate to say I told ya so......but..... :)

I just read that when he first walked onto the stage, Pretty Paulie was in tears, certainly not typical behavior for a mature man. Then his first words were "Hi Mom". A snot nosed, spoiled brat who needed Mommie, because the large crowd frightened him.

Then he claimed that cheese runs in his veins, as a "nod" to Wisconsin.

This is looking like Palin Part 2. Saying cheese runs in his veins is about as dumb as Palin saying she could see Russia from her kitchen window.

btw, I think Biden is perhaps even dumber than Ryan.

Tax attorney suggests that Romney may be hiding a felony in his returns and that he could have participated in an IRS amnesty program in 2009. It could explain why Romney refuses to show his tax returns. If there is nothing to hide, there shouldn't be any issues showing them. If there is something to this and key democrats known about it, they will likely wait until after the GOP convention when Romney has been officially nominated. Wealthy U.S. taxpayers, concerned about an Internal Revenue Service crackdown on the use of secret overseas bank accounts as tax havens, were rushing to meet a deadline to disclose those accounts or face possible criminal prosecution. The concern was triggered when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders. The decision shattered a long-held belief that Swiss banks would guard the identities of its American customers as carefully as they did their money, and it raised concern that other international tax havens might be next. Under an amnesty program, the IRS is allowing taxpayers to avoid prosecution for having failed to report their overseas accounts. As a result, tax attorneys across the nation have been besieged by wealthy clients who are lining up to apply even though they will still face big financial penalties.

Romney might well have thought in 2007 and 2008 that there was nothing to fear about a non-disclosed offshore account he'd set up years earlier precisely because it wasn't disclosed. But then came the settlement and the rush of non-disclosers to apply for the amnesty. Failing to apply for the amnesty and then getting charged by the IRS would have been both financially and politically disastrous. So amnesty it was.

Remember Romney has money all over the world including a Swiss account. There is a reason many rich people do this.

Another thing to note. If a felony is discovered in the tax returns, he would be denied the GOP nomination by party rules. I see why they are refusing to release them. The 2009 amnesty program would show up in his 2009 tax returns and Romney REFUSES to release anything before 2010. The Romneys are also careful to say they paid their taxes but they never say they paid their "income taxes". There are all kinds of taxes.

The way he responded to a question in a GOP debate says it all. He had a tone like he was ashamed of something. I'm pretty good at sensing things through body language and vocal tones. He's not a very good liar. Romney is hiding something. If what ever he is hiding becomes public knowledge Romney is finished and it will be an embarrassment to the GOP.

I'm not taking up for Romney at all. But interestingly, no one mentions that Obama is already a known criminal. He even confessed in his books that he was a coke head and smoked pot.....that makes him an uncharged criminal basically.

Obama has also bombed foreign countries without Congress's approval or knowledge. I'm not sure if that is illegal, but it certainly seems like an impeachable act on Obama's part.

Sounds like both major candidates for the presidency are crooks. Neither one of them deserve my vote.

• 1 month later...

a damaging leaked video of a Romney fundraiser surface and he basically says screw the 47% of people who vote for Obama. At that same fundraiser Romney says middle east peace isn't possible. Also at the event, Romney joked he would be more successful in his White House bid if his father were actually Latino, rather than having been born in Mexico to missionary parents from the United States.

"My dad, as you probably, know was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and, uh, had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this," Romney said. "But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico.... I mean I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino." That comment opens up another can of worms because there is a reasons why Mormons moved to Mexico. They moved to Mexico because of the polygamy ban in the United States. That means Romney's family practiced polygamy. It gets worse. In the full video Romney discusses investing in a Chinese factory that he described as surrounded by barbed wire and packed with 12 women per dormitory room. (slave labor) All this comes on the heels of Romney politicizing the Embassy attack while events were unfolding and people getting killed.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ible/?tag=stack

Its pretty damaging to Mitt Romney, In fact its so damaging, conservative FOX News didn't report it and Romney had to call an emergency press conference to explain himself. It was a horrible explanation btw. He couldn't explain it because he was being honest at the fundraiser. He forgets than many of the low income people who rely on government assistance are republicans as well. Things are getting so bad for Romney, well known republicans are speaking out against him saying he is going to cost the republicans the election. Obama is leading in the polls in key battleground states. Obama leads in Ohio, Florida and Virginia. If the election were held today, Obama would win.

excerpts:

MITT ROMNEY:

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…

“And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49 … he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. So he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to convince the five to ten percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.”

Remember the full video hasn't been released yet so there is no telling what else Mitt Romney says on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwRyal5fVk

here is a link that shows Romney's emergency press conference

http://www.towleroad...esserleaks.html

The wannabe losers club

Walter Mondale

Michael Dukakis

Bob Dole

John Kerry

John McCain

Mitt Romney

More damaging things Romney said at the fundraiser. Romney says an Obama Iran like crisis would be an opportunity for him. He's actually hoping for an Embassy hostage crisis which is what cost Jimmy Carter the election in 1980. Mitt Romney is scary!

Romney: I appreciate the idea. One of the things that’s frustrating to me is that in a typical day like this, when I do three or four events like this, the number of foreign policy questions I get are between zero and one. And the American people are not concentrated at all on China, on Russia, Iran, Iraq. This President’s failure to put in place a status of forces agreement allowing ten to twenty thousand troops to stay in Iraq- unthinkable! And yet, in that election, in the Jimmy Carter election, the fact that we had hostages in Iran, I mean, that was all we talked about. And we had the two helicopters crash in the desert, I mean, that was the focus, and so him solving that made all the difference in the world. I’m afraid today that if you simply got Iran to agree to stand down on nuclear weapons, they’d go, “Now hold on. It’s really a-” I mean, if something of that nature presents itself I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity.

Archived