Mitt Romney for President 2012. will you vote for him?

Charlotteman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

flip floppin Mitt flipped twice on abortion within a day. On the campaign trail he has been saying he wanted to appoint judges to overturn Roe Vs Wade. Yesterday he said he had no plans to do anything about abortion. Today he said he will be a pro life president.

definitely voting for Romney. Not saying he's perfect, but how can I expect obama to create jobs when he has never created a job himself? he has never been in the private sector, we are $16 trillion with a T in debt, and obama wants to spend more.

I don't believe 90% of of the negative ads on Romney. Obama is attacking because he has no record to defend.

Right or wrong on my thinking...Clinton gave us a surplus...Bush Jr. spent as much as he could in war and had a recession on his hands to boot...Obama comes in and tries to clean up what is likely a decade of mess that Bush accumulated in a very short time and because he didn't do it fast enough, half the country is outraged and thinks 47% Romney will fix all of our woes?

I think anyone (even Clinton himself) would have gotten a thumbs down during these last four years. I don't expect these deep rooted problems to go away in just one-term. The financial crisis wasn't caused by the lack of government stepping in but was our fault, yet we expect one person to step in and fix what we got so wrong. For years we lived outside of our means...purchased large homes based on the fact that the union we are a part of was able to give us an hourly wage above and beyond what the job should really pay out.

We're a nation of debt lovers (government and citizens alike) and until we can ALL come together and realize this, we'll flounder regardless of who sits in the Oval Office.

I don't believe 90% of of the negative ads on Romney. Obama is attacking because he has no record to defend.

You can check up on this (either side) here:

definitely voting for Romney. Not saying he's perfect, but how can I expect obama to create jobs when he has never created a job himself? he has never been in the private sector, we are $16 trillion with a T in debt, and obama wants to spend more.

When Bush was in office we were losing jobs. When Obama took office he saved the American auto industry and we have had months and months of private sector job growth. Of course we are not where we want to be but no president of any party can dig us out of the deep hole we were in in four years. George Bush screwed up so bad, he wrecked the world economy. Our economy affects the economies of other nations. The important thing is that we are moving in the right direction and turning back to the same economic and foreign policies that got us in this mess in the first place is not the way to go. I don't know about you but I don't want to vote for someone who is just itching to go to war with Iran. We go to war with Iran and its World War III because Russia and China are two of Iran's allies. Romney has already stated that Russia is our geopolitical enemy and has had tough talk about China. Don't forget Romney wants to attack Syria as well. We don't need a president with a cold war mindset and we don't need any more wars. Obama has taken out a number of terrorist leaders and dictators without sending more troops and starting another war. I like his foreign policy better. Tax cuts for the wealthy and debt from war with Iran and Syria, that could involve China and Russia, will lead to a far worse economy and maybe an economic collapse worse than 2008 . When Romney was governor, Massachusetts ranked 47th in job creation. Ask the people of Massachusetts why Romney only served one term. Ask the people of that state about how he raised taxes and left Massachusetts in debt.

Is it just me or has Romney turned into a moderate Democrat. I have seen some films clips of him where he has made some surprising remarks. Won't touch Social Security, won't touch Medicare, won't touch abortion issue, etc. Maybe I dreamed it. Where is the Tea Party? Have they disappeared? The group of canidates that started in the primaries have certainly vanished. Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Donald Trump, Rick Santorum, etc. All seemed extremely right wing. So the Iowa caucases mean nothing. They started out with the extremists taking turns being on top and then they disappeared. What happened here? Is it all a ploy to get the undecideds to vote for Romney. And that brings up another question. Who are these undecideds? This far into the election and they haven't decided. What is going to be the turning point where there mind is made up. What does one or the other have to say to sway your vote. There is nothing left. Step in the voting booth and close your eyes and point and whichever canidate your finger is close to, that is who gets your vote.

He's simply a politician, like any other. He'll tickle the middle while ignoring those further out in his party. Then he will go and continue to impress the moderates during his term more than the aforementioned outliers. Obama did the same. As did Bush. As did Clinton. And so on. Demicans and Republicrats.

That is one of the reasons I went third party. The two at the helm lack binoculars and seem content to engage in fisticuffs in the crew quarters instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Some republicans are sick. Another Obama effigy which was part of a display for the North Carolina State Fair. Unlike other effigies, this one has the exact likeness of President Obama. The main reason many want Obama out of office is because he is African-American.

presidentialnoosejpg-2254825_p9.jpg

some republicans are hanging these effigies in their front yards

Oct-222012-12360-Morrison-Moreno-Valley-CA-003-380x285.jpg

I just can't in good conscience vote for either of these guys. They both pretty well disgust me. Leon Trotsky wrote about the concept of permanent revolution, and though I am hardly a Marxist, the idea rings true according to my admittedly shaky knowledge of the founding fathers.

As John Quincy Adams said:

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

Politicians are mostly full of smoke. One politician can't make change (not even the President of the United States) but collectively change can happen if enough folks who are on the same page get elected. Unfortunately with so many seats, this is improbable and thus drastic changes are extremely hard for a politician to live up to in reality once he or she has taken office. I vote for the lesser of the evils and for the person that I think has the better chance of doing what he or she has set out to do just as long as their values roughly match up with mine.

Archived