producer2

Nashville Courts 4-Star Hotel

15 posts in this topic

hey producer, i could only read the first page of the article...do you know what sites they are looking at?

I can't read the article, but I would bet the parking lot next to Brigestone Arena is one...

Edited by nashvylle

The Bert Mathews lot is one possible site. Another is the lot on 5th and KVB directly behind the MCC where some construction trailers were at one time. There is also a vacant lot on Peabody Street. Peabody Hotels has been in talks with Nashville for some time.

I would like to see Intercontinental, Hotel Palomar, Mandarin, Kimpton, or some brand we don't already have.

^^^Where is the Bert Matthews lot exactly?

Sorry, it was a locked page and I thought I copied it all. My bad. In essence, sites were not the topic but more about the City's willingness to use TIF if necessary to bring in a 4-star property.

If you want scuttlebutt the word on the street is the former Westin site on lower broad is still leading the pack. It mentions Tony and his site but not many folks think that is going to happen. So it probably will :)

Edited by producer2

Even though some of my view would be blocked if Tony did develop his proposed hotel, I would fully favor the project. That site is primed for a hotel.

WW

Ugh I could not be more against TIF financing for a 4 star hotel. Why do we need to subsidize hotel rates at a 4 star hotel?

The Bert Mathews lot is one possible site. Another is the lot on 5th and KVB directly behind the MCC where some construction trailers were at one time. There is also a vacant lot on Peabody Street. Peabody Hotels has been in talks with Nashville for some time.

I would like to see Intercontinental, Hotel Palomar, Mandarin, Kimpton, or some brand we don't already have.

How about all of those, ;) . Sorry, that's my OCD speaking!

I understand what the city is doing when it comes to going after 4 and 5 star hotels downtown. The Westend and GreenHills will get the Ritz and Four Seasons hotels one day, but to bring big spending conventions to the city they need above standard service and lux rooms for the visit. To pull in the spouses the hotels need nice 3 meal a day cafes, resort like pool and spa. We have the night life down to a science. Also the limited service hotel like the Hyatt Place has it's place for people like myself that do'nt need the extras, but when the company is paying for some or all they want more.

I understand what the city is doing when it comes to going after 4 and 5 star hotels downtown. The Westend and GreenHills will get the Ritz and Four Seasons hotels one day, but to bring big spending conventions to the city they need above standard service and lux rooms for the visit. To pull in the spouses the hotels need nice 3 meal a day cafes, resort like pool and spa. We have the night life down to a science. Also the limited service hotel like the Hyatt Place has it's place for people like myself that do'nt need the extras, but when the company is paying for some or all they want more.

Exactly :)

It depends where the property goes to qualify for TIF. TIF is usually for redevelopment districts. I don't think all of the lots in Sobro are in redevelopment districts. WW or Producer 2 would know that.

So is the city going for a 500+ room hotel? Maybe another Omni size hotel?

The full NBJ article mentions a company out of Denver. Here are examples of their work:

http://www.swerdling.com/projects/omaha.html

I had mentioned to William that I thought there was going to be a surpirse that none of us expected and this may fit the bill.

images_logo_sm.gif

76739653.png

Interesting that in the plan the height limit in the KVB corridor in SoBro is UNLIIMITED. The only other area that has unlimited height limits are in the CBD.