Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nashbill

How the world see's NC

4 posts in this topic

Searched for a place to post this and nothing seemed appropriate. So, here goes:

Just when you think things can't get any worse, you read something like this:

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/05/nc-pastor-wants-to-build-electrified-fence-to-contain-starve-and-ultimately-kill-gays-video.html

The blog this came from is pretty well read all over. This coming from a Christian! Really! A Christian!

The image of NC has taken a huge hit this month. So sad to see a state with a burgeoning progressive image suddenly viewed globally as the New Mississippi. And the worst part is that about 61 percent of the state's voters deserve that image.

DC, I fully expected the Amendment to pass, but not by such a large margin. The videos that have surfaced from NC churches infuriated me. After a little time has passed, I think if I looked at any state, I would probably find equally offensive videos. These just happened to surface at an odd time. hmmm..... Maybe this was done after the vote to smack NC.

I believe the preacher gave the sermon May 13th (the Sunday after the vote) which is explains the timing of the vid going viral.....I've always heard that if you live in the Triangle you are living in a bit of a socially progressive bubble compared to most of NC, although I can't imagine this is what is talked about in church in the more rural parts of the state. Then again I have heard that 44% of the voters in the state are comsidered "evangelical protestants" so perhaps I really am living in an RTP bubble lol.

By the way yes the big blue area on the coast of the attached map is meant to represent Dare County :-p

post-3026-0-39432300-1337953910_thumb.jp

Edited by NCMike1981