The John Edwards Trial

cityboi

The trial of former NC senator and presidential candidate John Edwards being held in Greensboro, North Carolina has taken an unusual turn. As the jurors try to reach a decision on whether or not John Edwards broke campaign finance laws, alternate jurors have been acting strangely. For the past two or three days they have been wearing the same color clothes and nobody knows why. They would come into the courtroom snickering. One female juror wore a sexy revealing red top and starting flirting with John Edwards. It was obvious to most people in the court room.

"The juror clearly instigated the exchanges. She smiles at him. He smiles at her. She giggles. He blushes.

The flirtation has become so obvious that even Edwards’ attorneys have to work to suppress their laughter at the absurdity of it all."

reminds me of the movie "Serial Mom"

There is speculation the case is headed towards a hung jury. Active Jurors appear frustrated. But this case seems to have turned into a circus.

http://www.cbsnews.c...0010n&tag=stack

http://www.huffingto..._n_1546496.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't discount the possibility that perhaps some of the jurors have been paid off.....to turn the trial into a fiasco~

Is John still in contact with that bizarre old millionairess, Bunny Mellon, who seems to throw big money John's way? (One report says she gave Edwards $700,000.) They say she is too elderly and frail to take the stand at his trial. Maybe John took advantage of Mrs. Mellon's apparent senility to extract all that money from her years ago, to silence his mistress.

Maybe John's staff is still in touch with Mrs. Mellon, still taking money from her....this time to pay off jurors. When it comes to Johnny Reid Edwards, I don't think we can rule out even the most dastardly behavior.

I do find it interesting that a number of jurors have a career background in finance. Most are males and it appears a number of people on the jury don't want to find him guilty. There is one piece of evidence (the Bunny Mellon note) that clearly proves he broke campaign finance laws so it shouldn't be taking this long. The alternate jurors appear to be trying to sabotage the trial and they are behaving like little children.

Turns out Mrs. Mellon is a billionaire. She's now 101 years old.

Was someone not monitoring her finances for her? Were Mrs. Mellon's children and grandchildren not making sure she was okay? How did this horrible thing ever happen?

And to think John Edwards was low-down enough to take advantage of this lady. She was just attracted to John's somewhat similar appearance to JFK. And John fully took advantage of that.

To be the President of the USA, I always heard it took integrity, character, and maturity. John Edwards has none of those qualities.

wow that was a close call. He could have been president. He likely would have become president if Obama didn't run. Boy we dodged a bullet!

ciyboi you said a cotton-pickin' mouthful. We dodged machine-gun fire. Imagine a man with such low morals as the President of the United States. not that BushCheney had any morals either.

I so distinctly remember John's campaigns for President. I was so impressed with him. Very very smart, young, attractive, a great family man....and he was from my home state!

Now I look back on the whole thing with very odd feelings of personal shame. Since I turned 50, years ago :fun: I developed my own little quip: "I'm 50. You can't fool me."

John Edwards proved that I can indeed be fooled. I can be fooled on a massive scale.

There are liars in this world that are so skilled, so effective in their manipulations, that even a jaded cynic like me can be fooled. Too bad so many world-class liars are attracted to the political arena. All we can do is be ever vigilant re: watching those that seek public office.

I was supporting him too in the beginning because he seemed like a nice family guy and I thought it would be cool having the president of the United States from North Carolina. He was a fresh new face and at first he seemed like another Bill Clinton (turned out to be the case in more ways than one). He carried the same message Obama carried. But I supported him over Obama. It just goes to show you can't trust a politician. Before anyone knew who the real John Edwards was my grandmother said to me that she didn't like him or trust him. She knew.

As many of us thought would happen, John Edwards' trial was called a mistrial, and John is free to go.

I find this development sickening. It illustrates a common perception in America: that sometimes extremely rich people don't have to pay for their crimes.

Since John's wife Elizabeth is now dead, he shouldn't have any trouble writing Mrs. Mellon a check for $1 million to pay her back for his unscrupulous acceptance of money from her. After all, John is a multi-millionaire. Or perhaps he might feel he is "above" paying her back~

I wish Mrs. Mellon's family would sue John, to get their mother's money back.

Archived