Shreveport Regional Airport

It was announced yesterday that, beginning in August, we will gain yet another direct flight to a major city. In this case, Denver. While I was scratching my head wondering why they chose Denver over Los Angeles, when you have movie execs begging for a direct route to Los Angeles, it hit me. This wouldn't provide a direct route to Los Angeles, but it would make it where industry execs could travel back and forth with more ease, rather than having to fly to Dallas and then drive to Shreveport. They can board a plan in Los Angeles, then take a connecting flight at Denver and fly the rest of the way to Shreveport.

On another note about the movie industry in this region, construction crews have begun work on a replica of the White House on Walker Place in Bossier City, just 1 block north of CenturyLink Center. They are also going to transform Walker Place into Pennsylvania Avenue. This is all for the movie they are working on now starring Gerard Butler, his second film in SBC in as many years. I can't wait to see the replica of the White House, and hopefully if I stand far enough away I will be able to zoom my camera in enough to get some shots of it. Or maybe even The Times will cover it and I won't have to worry about getting my own photos.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was announced yesterday that, beginning in August, we will gain yet another direct flight to a major city. In this case, Denver. While I was scratching my head wondering why they chose Denver over Los Angeles, when you have movie execs begging for a direct route to Los Angeles, it hit me. This wouldn't provide a direct route to Los Angeles, but it would make it where industry execs could travel back and forth with more ease, rather than having to fly to Dallas and then drive to Shreveport. They can board a plan in Los Angeles, then take a connecting flight at Denver and fly the rest of the way to Shreveport.

On another note about the movie industry in this region, construction crews have begun work on a replica of the White House on Walker Place in Bossier City, just 1 block north of CenturyLink Center. They are also going to transform Walker Place into Pennsylvania Avenue. This is all for the movie they are working on now starring Gerard Butler, his second film in SBC in as many years. I can't wait to see the replica of the White House, and hopefully if I stand far enough away I will be able to zoom my camera in enough to get some shots of it. Or maybe even The Times will cover it and I won't have to worry about getting my own photos.

Do you know anything about the movie itself? A replica of full scale? Fun fun either way.

Guys I'm sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum... I meant to put it in the SBC forum. Sorry about that.

As far as the White House replica, it's going to be 50' tall and 20' wide, so a very small portion of the White House, just enough to get the shots they need. I just found this out today, I was hoping for a full-size replica. Also today I learned that across the street they will build a replica of the National Mall. They will also have fires to put out, because this movie is about attempting to foil a very bold terrorist attack on the White House. Millennium Films says this will be their largest production in Louisiana so far. They picked a good location to build these sets, because the area of Bossier where this will take place doesn't have any development on the land, even though it's just one block from the CenturyLink Center.

• 3 months later...

Archived