Genocide being called for against gay people

Charlotteman

Ever since North Carolina voters codified discrimination against gays, whacko christian preachers have been coming out from under their rocks like never before. And not just in North Carolina.

Pastor Curtis Knapp of the New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas has called for the federal government to kill gay people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaPm9P5z_Qo&feature=related

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mississippi State Representative Andy Gipson, of course a Republican, entered a Facebook comment that gays should be killed according to the bible. When challenged on this, his answer was essentially: "Well it's god's word. Are you going to question god's word?"

[media=]

Many of you probably already know that gay people are under severe duress in Uganda. Newspapers, religious groups, and of course individual pastors routinely call for imprisoning and killing gay Ugandans.

A short video that summarizes this horrific situation.

I am beginning to think we need to arm ourselves. I know this is a small representation of religion, but they do have followers and they indicate it is OK to kill us. I am appalled and somewhat frightened by what they are suggesting happen.

I am beginning to think we need to arm ourselves. I know this is a small representation of religion, but they do have followers and they indicate it is OK to kill us. I am appalled and somewhat frightened by what they are suggesting happen.

What floors me is that American society accepts this sort of stuff from preachers and churches. I haven't heard of one single bit of legislation that would prohibit this dangerous speech. (Canada, and most of Europe, do not permit hate speech from the pulpit.)

When I moved to Florida in 1979, whacko christians were blowing up abortion clinics right and left. And in every single case, the perpetrator was a fundamentalist christian who got carried away after listening to his preacher rail against abortion.

Learning from history is urgent in this case. Those anti-gay preachers ranting and raving against gay people is eventually going to cause some deranged christian to go mad and start killing innocent gay people. It happened with abortion, and it could happen with gays~

When you replace Christian pastor/preacher/whatever telling his followers gays should be killed with Muslim Imam telling his followers that Americans are devils and need to be killed, you get Terrorists. And they blow up a government building in Oklahoma, an abortion clinic, murder a doctor or fly planes into buildings. They are the same and just as dangerous.

Do you think that these videos are surfacing now because the GOP would really like to get the gay issues out of the campaign. I think for the most part they would like to go after the economy. The evangelicals want these issues (gay marriage/rights/etc) in the forfront and will not leave them alone for the time being. The GOP needs to distance themselves from this rhetoric now. Other religious leaders really need to come forward and denounce this type of hate speech.

Do you think that these videos are surfacing now because the GOP would really like to get the gay issues out of the campaign.

Actually these videos are surfacing now because the N.C. anti-gay vote was weeks ago, and these videos I posted are mostly from the past couple weeks. These didn't just surface after occurring some time ago--- this current wave of hate speech is just occurring.

A youtube video featuring Stacey Pritchard, a member of Pastor Worley's church in Maiden. She defends Pastor Worley's message of gay genocide, albeit in a confusing manner of speaking. She even somewhat endorses adulterers being put to death as well.

This kind of mentality is identical to Iranian theocratic extremism. Lots of Iranians want to kill the gays too.

Mike Huckabee and Michelle Bachmann both have close ties to people that have called for gay genocide.

Huckabee co-authored a book in 1987 Kids That Kill with George Grant. In the book, Huckabee and co author Grant equated homosexuality to incest and bestiality etc. Grant is a far right whacko that has stated the only "option" for homosexuality was capital punishment.

Michelle Bachmann's "faith outreach campaigner" Peter Waldron was arrested in Uganda and had spent 37 days in Ugandan prison. He was caught with munitions and weapons, and was accused by the Ugandan govt of trying to arm a christian insurrection against the Ugandan govt. Waldron is a close supporter of Ugandan Bishop Martin Ssempa, who thinks gays should be killed. (Waldron is also thought to be a gun runner and spy as well.)

We've all heard the expression birds of a feather flock together....

It makes me wonder if Bachmann and Huckabee secretly want gay genocide as well. After all they are associating closely with people that do.

some reading:

http://veracitystew.com/2011/08/23/peter-waldron-bigot-soldier-spy-and-bachmann-aide-video/

An anti-gay marriage event a year ago by a whacko religious group and State Senator Rubin Diaz-D New York. A featured speaker was madman Rev. Ariel Torres Ortega, of the Radio Vision Christina, who ranted and raved about gays being put to death:

a three minute video:

[media=]

Maybe I don't watch enough news, but I have not seen any of this on the news or in the paper. I see most of it on the more liberal web sites. Hate speech like this would be all over the news if it was attacking, oh, I don't know, mormons maybe. Extreme evagelicals do not consider mormons to be real "christians". So, is not covering it a good thing or would covering it bring out even more crazies? Have I been deluding myself, that things were getting better?

Another shocking video. A small gay rights parade in Belgrade, Serbia was ended quickly when it was attacked by anti-gay thugs. Shouts were heard "Death to Homosexuals!"

A full fledged riot ensued, with brick throwing, 46 injured people (mainly riot police)

Serbia isn't exactly known as a tolerant kind of place. So I guess we can't be surprised; in recent years Serbs have rioted over several issues.

an intense 2 minutes:

"Don't burn flags! Burn *ags!" Pastor Jeff Owens of Shenandoah Baptist Church, Martinsville, West Virginia was recorded saying over a decade ago. This recording from the church pulpit features Pastor Owens calling for shooting gays too.

Gosh he was saying these things from the pulpit over a decade ago...perhaps Pastor Owens was ahead of his time (?) :dontknow:

[media=]

The "Kill the Gays" movement in Africa is spreading. Most of us are already aware of Uganda's government trying to make homosexuality a capital crime.

Back in February 2012, Liberian Senator Jewell Howard introduced a "kill the gays" bill in the Liberian Senate. She is the wife of the former Liberian Pres. Charles Taylor, who has been convicted of multiple counts of crimes against humanity, etc in the World Court/the Hague.

Shortly after her reprehensible action, Clarence K. Massaquoi of the Liberian House introduced a similar bill, calling for extreme sanctions against male Liberian homosexuals.

http://oblogdeeoblog...s-and-lesbians/

Archived