Leasing & Property Transfers in Downtown/West End vicinity

vicupstate

2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

So something 1,423 SF is being built on the vacant lot?  Costing $738k?

Do you have any info. you can share?

Not a clue. If the address you posted is correct then it's the small vacant lot next to the main parking lot. 

My guess is that the square footage is probably just the size of the lot. I've seen it done like that at Verdae and Camperdown. However, a building permit has been filed and issued so who knows. Odd for sure. I'll see if I can find out more.

Edited by gman430

If I had a company that needed a headquarters that size I would be very interested. It's far enough off Main Street so Main Street is not a distraction but it's close enough to be a benefit of the employees working for the company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It also has good parking and easy egress and Ingress from the highway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 9:56 AM, vicupstate said:

103 Wade Hampton Blvd. sold on 6/23 for 1.6 million. .15 acre site. This is the Coffee shop building.

101 Wade Hampton is the coffee shop. 103 Wade Hampton is the building that had (or has -- not sure about which is true) the "To Dye for" Salon. Can you clarify which sold for 1.6 million? I can't believe either would go for that much.

101 Wade Hampton is the coffee shop. 103 Wade Hampton is the building that had (or has -- not sure about which is true) the "To Dye for" Salon. Can you clarify which sold for 1.6 million? I can't believe either would go for that much.

It is 103 but the county website has it as $10 now. It was probably changed since my original post.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

1 Wade Hampton Blvd. has been subdivided into 4 tax parcels. Three within the building and the land around the building. The land around the building sold for $850k to North main Dental LLC on 10/6/17.  The seller, which also owns the Bowling Alley/Event venue across the street, still owns the three building units. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure for how much but 411 Perry Ave.  recently sold.  Tenants received notice of the new owner the last weekend of November.  Word is that they intend to tear down the house and will try to build four small townhomes or duplexes on the property.  I hope the city makes them do a good job whatever they do.

Update: Trulia says it was sold 11/13/2017 for $175,000. 

Edited by gvegascple
new info

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

The Gateway site (old auditorium) sold for $3mm on 11/30/17. The buyer is Kana Gateway LLC. The. Buyers address is the Days Inn in Clemson.

Registered agent for LLC is Rajesh Patel

Anybody know anything?

I know who Patel is. Pretty large developer of hotels:  http://accentegroup.com/ He is the one who proposed the hotel next to Rivers Edge back in 2013 that fell through: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/rivers-edge-plans-boutique-hotel/

Edited by gman430

49 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Enigma corp (Sphinx) bought the closed plant at Rutherford and Shaw. This is adjacent to WYFF studios. 2.8mm for 4+ acres.

The city needs to be sure this one is of similar quality to the newer one on North Academy (which I’m sure is their plan anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why the strip of buildings in the first block of South Main Street hasn’t been redeveloped? It’s the block where Sushi Murasaki and a few other restaurants are, across from Brooks Brothers and the ONE complex.

It seems like a prime location for a redevelopment.  Surely high-end retailers, high-end condos and some class A office space would be a more productive use of the site than some aged and small one-story buildings that aren’t suitable for uses other than restaurants.

3 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Anyone know why the strip of buildings in the first block of South Main Street hasn’t been redeveloped? It’s the block where Sushi Murasaki and a few other restaurants are, across from Brooks Brothers and the ONE complex.

It seems like a prime location for a redevelopment.  Surely high-end retailers, high-end condos and some class A office space would be a more productive use of the site than some aged and small one-story buildings that aren’t suitable for uses other than restaurants.

Where Windstream was?

That is suppose to be TWO, if Hughes ever gets around to it.