Leasing & Property Transfers in Downtown/West End vicinity

vicupstate

54 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

From what I have heard about that building....its basically another Scott Tower and needs to come down.

I'm guessing a most of that cost is the land. 

It is an acre. WHo would pay $22mm plus demo costs for an acre of land?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

From what I have heard about that building....its basically another Scott Tower and needs to come down.

I'm guessing a most of that cost is the land. 

It was built 60  years ago (1958)....no mystery what could be its fate. That's a prime location downtown for a special development.

Edited by cabelagent

Very strange.  

To demo and start over you have $25mm invested in a acre of land. There isn't a vacant acre in DT that couldn't be had for a lot less than $25mm.  Many lower density acres could be had for less than that too.  You could probably buy the mostly vacant shopping center (former home of baby Bi-Lo) for a lot less tahn that too. 

They could gut it and rehab it, like the Brio but I wouldn't think the numbers would work. I think the Brio building sold for les than $1mm.  

Any Comm. realtors have any suggestons? 

• 4 weeks later...

809 Laurens Rd. sold to Darryl J. Holland for $950k.  The parcel is 1.805 acres and has a significant sized building on it. Holland already owns 1.81 acres of vacant land fronting Laurens Road that is immediately adjacent to this new purchase. He also owns an additional 6.657 acres between these parcels and the SRT extension.  More than 10 acres total.  

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

809 Laurens Rd. sold to Darryl J. Holland for $950k.  The parcel is 1.805 acres and has a significant sized building on it. Holland already owns 1.81 acres of vacant land fronting Laurens Road that is immediately adjacent to this new purchase. He also owns an additional 6.657 acres between these parcels and the SRT extension.  More than 10 acres total.  

Nice. 

2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Interesting....could be developed for lucrative ventures related to SRT.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

116 W. Stone Ave. sold on 5/25/18   for $425k . Parcel is .32 acres . Brick bugelow that is curerently a hair salon.  Ajg Properties LLC is buyer.  This is across from Westone project. 

511  E. Stone Ave. sold for $425k on 5/11/18.   Parcel is .39 acres. Buyer is Oxford Re Group LLC.  This is the commercial building just before the Church St. underpass and the  North Pointe  project (same side of the road).  The buyer also owns  four parcels immediately behind this one.  Total acreage is 1.13 acres.  It appears this buyer is connect to Raleigh NC. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Apparently the 100 East building is going condo.

Realtor.com has two listings. $203k and 325K fro 1 Br and 2 Br respectively. 

I saw that. It’s exciting. I hope for more apartment to condo conversions. Then we can get more apartments and start the process all over again. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 6:52 PM, vicupstate said:

Ballentine Equipment building and the SFH behind it at 106 Wardlaw St. sold on 2/14/18 for $2,450,000.  1.18  acres total. 

This property has been flipped. New owner is Lighthouse Greenville LLC and paid $3 mm.

This same buyer has now closed on 110 Wardlaw St. It closed on 8/15/18 for $775k.  108 Wardlaw was jointly listed for sale with 110, and they had the same owner.  

25 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

This same buyer has now closed on 110 Wardlaw St. It closed on 8/15/18 for $775k.  108 Wardlaw was jointly listed for sale with 110, and they had the same owner.  

So they have all of Wardlaw from Rhett to Academy, right? 

Just now, SVL said:

So they have all of Wardlaw from Rhett to Academy, right? 

Not that I can say for sure. Lighthouse doesn't own 108 Wardlaw St.  But it may be that it has not hit the county database yet.  It is true that 108 was listed jointly  with 110 Wardlaw and they both would have the same seller.   

There is also a triangular 1/10 acre parcel at Wardlaw and Academy that SCDOT owns.  However it is vacant and is on the opposite side of Lighthouse's parcels. So for all intents and purposes if Lighthouse has bought 108 or does buy 108, it will own that entire stretch.