Leasing & Property Transfers in Downtown/West End vicinity

vicupstate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears the AGFA building on Academy (between McBee and Broad) has been surveyed.  There has been a sign saying 'available for development' for awhile, so maybe a sale is pending.  There is a lot that could be done to get more utility out of that site, since it is not far from 5 acres in size.

Has anyone heard anything? 

18 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

It appears the AGFA building on Academy (between McBee and Broad) has been surveyed.  There has been a sign saying 'available for development' for awhile, so maybe a sale is pending.  There is a lot that could be done to get more utility out of that site, since it is not far from 5 acres in size.

Has anyone heard anything? 

Its been for sales since last summer so hopefully someone bit. 

6 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Its been for sales since last summer so hopefully someone bit. 

I always thought it would be a great site to relocate the Transit Station. It would only be one and half blocks from the current one, would still be directly on Washington St. and yet a much bigger site.     

3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

I always thought it would be a great site to relocate the Transit Station. It would only be one and half blocks from the current one, would still be directly on Washington St. and yet a much bigger site.     

I think Greenlink wants to move the station to around Laurens/Pleasantburg in accordance to the plan included in the Tiger Grant. 

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I am pretty sure this is related to sewer and not a new development project. 

There are spray painted markings that look sewer related, but there are stakes on every corner except one for this parcel. Would a sewer project care about where property lines were?  

The Agfa building is not for sale and has never been for sale. Agfa is not going anywhere. Note that the signs have read "Available," not "For Sale." There is excess parking, and the owners of the property would like to get more utilization from the tract by constructing additional buildings. Stay tuned for further developments (literally).

• Like 1

There has been unfounded speculation for years regarding the Agfa HealthCare building. Agfa's HealthCare business used to occupy all of the building but reduced its footprint at that location a few years ago when the company was contractually obligated to expand hiring among its Canadian facilities. However, the company signed a long-term lease for its portion of the Academy Street building not too long ago that would be very expensive (though not impossible) for either party to break.

3 hours ago, RiverWalker said:

There has been unfounded speculation for years regarding the Agfa HealthCare building. Agfa's HealthCare business used to occupy all of the building but reduced its footprint at that location a few years ago when the company was contractually obligated to expand hiring among its Canadian facilities. However, the company signed a long-term lease for its portion of the Academy Street building not too long ago that would be very expensive (though not impossible) for either party to break.

Thanks for all the info!  Did Agfa sign a long term lease on the whole building or just the space they are still using? 

I doesn't make a lot of difference to me who owns the building, but more density would be a plus. 

BTW, this site was supposedly in the running for the Federal Courthouse before that ended up going to E. North St. Of course, that might have only been an option via eminent domain.

Any info on WHEN we might see plans submitted?

11 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Thanks for all the info!  Did Agfa sign a long term lease on the whole building or just the space they are still using? 

I doesn't make a lot of difference to me who owns the building, but more density would be a plus. 

BTW, this site was supposedly in the running for the Federal Courthouse before that ended up going to E. North St. Of course, that might have only been an option via eminent domain.

Any info on WHEN we might see plans submitted?

Just the portion that Agfa HealthCare is using. My understanding is that the property management company moved into other parts of the building after renovations, with still other parts available for office leasing. I don't know whether any specific plans have been made; perhaps it is a build-to-suit-tenant situation. I think there is a potential for that property to turn into a nicely expanded business complex that would benefit the general vicinity as well as the investors..

• 5 weeks later...

There are four adjoining parcels on the Southeast corner of Wilton and Stone that are all surveyed off.  One is  a SFR at 108 Wilton with a FSBO sign and the others front on Stone and one has a commercial realtor sign and a second one has a Under Contract sign on it. 

The four parcels combined are about .9 acres. The adjoining small engine repair shop does not appear to be surveyed off but it is on the market also. 

Mark Ratchford and Mark Masaschi represented the buyer, Borck Associates LP, in the purchase of a 10,000 SF office building in the Greenville CBD, from Pendleton West Office Partners LLC.

Price was 1,890,000 or about $189 @SF.  That seems like a pretty good price to me, but maybe some others can comment with more expertise.

The seller stills owns the adjoining vacant lot at Mallard and Pendleton as well as the parking lot behind the building.  Before the 2008 crash, there was a plan for condos on that vacant lot.    

17 Hyde St. sold for $45k but buyer is not yet disclosed.  David Stone owns everything else in that block except the Gibbs/Westfield corner (owned by Central Realty) and the Willimon business on the Hyde/Westfield corner.  Assuming someone could get the whole block or most of it, it is a prime location for a major project. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Willz Tolbert was the agent in the sale of 0.75 acres at Augusta and Vardry Street by Norfolk Southern Railway Company to Sam Vardry LLC

Brantley Anderson and Taylor Allen were agents in the lease of 6,528 SF of office space at 55 E. Camperdown Way, Ste. 225, to Alliance Biomedical Research Holdings Inc.

Pete Brett, David Sigmon and Matt Vanvick were agents in the sale of a 3,700 SF medical office building on 0.36 acre at 713 Pendleton St. by A-1 Properties LLC to Integral HR SC LLC dba InnovateHR.

Pete Brett, David Sigmon and Matt Vanvick were agents in the lease of 2,190 SF retail space at 407 Augusta St. Claussen Ave. Investors LLC to The Brass Bee Salon & Boutique LLC.

Central Realty Holdings (developer of NorthPointe) has bought 7.36 acre parcel that is between the proposed SRT extension and Laurens Rd.  This is just a stone's throw from where the Taco Place is going into the old Feed and Seed place.  

--- 

The closed Auto Parts store on that 'raceway curve' at 603 Stone Ave. sold for $855k. Parcel is .426 acres.  

--- 

The 'Highland Homes' office building at Stone and Townes (.127 acre on SE corner) sold for $550k.  This parcel is surrounded by McAfee's parking lot. 

---

The closed CVS on Wade Hampton (near Timmons Park) has sold for $975k. Site is 1.95 acres.

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Central Realty Holdings (developer of NorthPointe) has bought 7.36 acre parcel that is between the proposed SRT extension and Laurens Rd.  This is just a stone's throw from where the Taco Place is going into the old Feed and Seed place.  

Do you have an address of around where this would be? Is it along Washington St?