Leasing & Property Transfers in Downtown/West End vicinity

vicupstate

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

The Royal Cleaners building on Falls Street has sold. 

Well thats interesting. I wonder if this property will be  tied in with the parking lot on Main and Broad? Could be something special right there. 

1 hour ago, SVL said:

Well thats interesting. I wonder if this property will be  tied in with the parking lot on Main and Broad? Could be something special right there. 

Not sure but I hope so. Pretty pathetic there is a parking lot like this along Main Street right in the heart of downtown that hasn’t been developed yet. Same goes for the one next to Carolina Ale House. 

35 minutes ago, Spero said:

It sold to an LLC registered to Carl Sobocinski for $700,000.00. The parking lot is still owned (of record) by an LLC  named "Parking on Main, LLC" which is registered to Lydia McElveen. So, doubtful.

Thanks. He must be planning another restaurant then. 

20 hours ago, gman430 said:

The Royal Cleaners building on Falls Street has sold. The Coldwell Banker Caine for sale sign out front now has “sold” plastered on the front of it. 

I am not surprised, it sold at the most recent tax sale so who ever owned it couldn't afford to own it anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Hartwood Holdings bought 8 Claussen Ave. for $400k on 4/5/18. The parcel is .22 acres. Hartwood already owns the two adjoining lots at 501 Augusta and 503 Augusta St.  Augusta parcels are zoned C-2 and the Claussen parcel (which fronts Thurston St. as well ) is zoned PD.   

Kathryn Hartness Norwood is the registered agent for the LLC.  

12 hours ago, GVLprogrowth said:

Up on Pendleton. Across from OJs diner. 

Also word is McDonalds is going across from the Spinx, on the old Bank building site. 

This has to be the most good news/bad news shared in the first post from someone on UrbanPlanet, haha. Welcome GVLprogrowth. Excited about the new retail, but McDonald's is the absolute worst. I hope something changes there. That can't be the "gateway" the city is envisioning for the Village. 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:25 AM, Joey_Blackdogg said:

This has to be the most good news/bad news shared in the first post from someone on UrbanPlanet, haha. Welcome GVLprogrowth. Excited about the new retail, but McDonald's is the absolute worst. I hope something changes there. That can't be the "gateway" the city is envisioning for the Village. 

That McDonalds is going to have to be the nicest in the Southeast to go through. Spinx had a heck of a time to get approval. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 10:25 AM, Joey_Blackdogg said:

I think it says "Market", not McDonald's

On 4/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, Skyliner said:

I think it says "Market", not McDonald's

Hey Skyliner, are you referring to the rendering on the sign and shown in the UBJ article? I think GVLprogrowth's comment about McDonald's was about the corner lot directly across Pendleton St. from Spinx. Making sure we are on the same page. I haven't seen any hard evidence that Mickey D's is in the cards yet, though.

Also, the article states that Family Legacy Wealth Management will be moving in on the second floor of the new building from their current location on Broadus Ave. That space looks like a historic home. I wonder what will happen with that property once they complete their move?

Towers East building sold for $22mm to Towers East Apartments LLC. Tax bill address is 3520 Piedmont Rd. Ste 410 Atlanta. Tax bill is in care of Marvin P. Poer & Company.  Poer & company appaers to be a property tax consultant.  The seller, Towers East II LP originally bought it 4/27/06 for 11.2 million, 

3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Towers East building sold for $22mm to Towers East Apartments LLC. Tax bill address is 3520 Piedmont Rd. Ste 410 Atlanta. Tax bill is in care of Marvin P. Poer & Company.  Poer & company appaers to be a property tax consultant.  The seller, Towers East II LP originally bought it 4/27/06 for 11.2 million, 

Thx...interesting, that's a hefty price increase for a building with numerous issues.  Wonder if new owner plans major renovations that make it more appealing .....if it remains a retirement facility.

Edited by cabelagent

5 hours ago, vicupstate said:

This April 6 article by Ron Barnett said the property was under contract to "New York-based Capital Realty Group."

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/opinion/2018/04/06/towers-east-owner-responds-hud-complaints-building-sold/489043002/