Leasing & Property Transfers in Downtown/West End vicinity

vicupstate

The US Government (GSA) has bought the Wells Fargo drive thru branch on E. North St. in Downtown.

Apparently the new courthouse will cover not only the E. North-Irvine-Coffee-Spring block but also the block of Irvine from Coffee to North St. and the land used by the Wells Fargo branch.

I don't like them taking up more space. I'd approve of this if they would sell 30' or so along Coffee to allow a productive space along a street that is very well scaled.

I don't think this is going to be anywhere close to how tall we thought it would be.

I don't like them taking up more space. I'd approve of this if they would sell 30' or so along Coffee to allow a productive space along a street that is very well scaled.

I don't think this is going to be anywhere close to how tall we thought it would be.

I guess even a 5 story building is better than a parking lot...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Earle Furman:

4,820 SF - 115 N. Brown st. to unnamed tenant

2,600 SF - The Old Cotton Warehouse, 511 Rhett St. to Lakeview
Capital Partners, LLC

Griifin;

4,500 SF - 25 E. Court St to Customer Effective Solutions plus
renewal of their current 8,585 SF lease.

----
Behind the Brio condo is a vacant lot bordering Church, Rose, Watts and Houston Streets.  It covers all of that block except one parcel/building, and is about 1.3 acres.  It has survey stakes on all sides.  Does anyone know of the potential buyers or any plans there might be?

-----

The Gville News had an article on Tim Reed, the incoming Chamber President, saying that the location of the  expansion NEXT building has been choosen.  Over 30 sites were reviewed.   I wonder if this is 2 N. Main or something else?
Edited by vicupstate

Earle Furman:

4,820 SF - 115 N. Brown st. to unnamed tenant

2,600 SF - The Old Cotton Warehouse, 511 Rhett St. to Lakeview

Capital Partners, LLC

Griifin;

4,500 SF - 25 E. Court St to Customer Effective Solutions plus

renewal of their current 8,585 SF lease.

I guess Customer Effective (anyone know what they do?) is growing? It's nice to see current tenants downtown need more space, no matter what the reason. 

Is 115 North Brown Street the old Jazz Club?

It's for the second floor office space above the Brown Street Club: http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink/Profile/Profile.aspx?stid=/brokers/naiearlefurman&LID=16481840&LL=true&UOMListing=&UOMMoneyCurrency=&RentPer=PY&SRID=3167930579 The club itself was not for sale or lease.

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...

1. Greenville, South Carolina (March 2013): Pete Brett, CCIM of Coldwell Banker Commercial Caine represented the Tenant in leasing a +6,913 SF office in the NEXT Innovation Center at 411 University Ridge, Suite 201.

That seems like a good bit of space for that building..? That's great to hear. I wonder when any changes will start on the old Windstream building?

The Greenville/Spartanburg Office market ended the first quarter 2013 with a vacancy rate of 8.7%.

The vacancy rate was down over the previous quarter, with net absorption totaling positive 64,442 square feet in the first quarter. That compares to negative 14,051 square feet in the fourth quarter 2012. Vacant sublease space decreased in the quarter, ending the quarter at 7,467 square feet.

Tenants moving into large blocks of space in 2013 include: Resurgent moving into 85,208 square feet at One Liberty Square; and Sherman Financial Group, LLC moving into 15,400 square feet at One Liberty Square.

More info: http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Market-Trend-Greenville-Spartanburgs-Office-Vacancy-Decreases-to-87/147456

The law office and Mediation Center buildings that runs the length of Mordecai St. from Washington to McBee (across from Independence Bank and next to Davenport Bldg) has changed ownership.  The total price appears to be about $2mm for the 1 acre.  New owner is Washington Street Real Estate with a Greer mailing address.  Anyone know what if anything might be happening with this. 

I have long thought this site was prime for redevelopment into a mixed use project with offices and retail.  Location is ideal, IMO. 

That location has been talked about a few times here, and I would agree that it is a nice spot for a mixed use spot... especially with its neighbor McBee station. With the city planning to move west with the new park, south with Church St., and North with the CBD, North Main road work, and Stone Ave (someday hopefully) I would love to see some east movement with this location and the large plot next to the new SCBT drive through.... and I guess Ill include the old post office although that is more southeast I guess.

Anyone have any additional info?

That location has been talked about a few times here, and I would agree that it is a nice spot for a mixed use spot... especially with its neighbor McBee station. With the city planning to move west with the new park, south with Church St., and North with the CBD, North Main road work, and Stone Ave (someday hopefully) I would love to see some east movement with this location and the large plot next to the new SCBT drive through.... and I guess Ill include the old post office although that is more southeast I guess.

Anyone have any additional info?

With the planned JHM Hotel and Fed courthouse near there, Im sure the city would love to fill in any lot on that side of twn as living space demand goes up.

Edited by ausrutherford

Speaking of this area.... is there any plans to redo the Church Street bridge or perhaps lower it down to normal street level?

No there aren't. I wouldn't want to see lowered myself due to traffic issues and skyline viewing.