Citrix Systems Downtown Raleigh

RALNATIVE

Yeah this is a game changer potentially for all of downtown and especially for the warehouse district. This is big enough to have quite a domino effect on retail, business and residential all over downtown. Combined with Red Hat this probably will cause others to think of at least having a downtown presence.

• 5 months later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

There is a new site plan on the City's website.  Citrix has added 40,000 square feet of space to their renovation plans.  Total is now 130k.  From the elevations, it looks like the additional space was added with another floor of metal and glass curtain wall - so total of 4 floors now.  Parking deck is shown as 7 levels, 549 spaces, and 14,000 square feet ground floor retail (I'm not sure if this changed or not).

• 2 months later...

I found some renderings on "The Crown Companies, LLC" website that I hadn't seen anywhere else before.  Sounds like they are the leasing agents for the retail spaces in the parking garage???  Also, the parking garage seems to be shown about 2 or 3 levels too short.
Citrix_P2_South_East_View_copy.jpg

Citrix_P2_North_West_View_copy.jpg

Citrix_P2_Pedestrian_View.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll admit when they first announced they were moving into this building I was a little disappointed (why not a gazillion story tower!?!?) but after seeing it take shape, I think it's an awesome reuse project and one that will spur development quite nicely and maybe make the warehouse district what we all imagined it could be...a techy art hub for downtown.

Having driven past the site last week, I have to agree that this will be a great addition in the Warehouse district.  They can't all be tall, right?!  

However, that many tech jobs added to the core will hopefully create more retail and housing needs.  The more that we see projects like this, the better the downtown experience will become!  

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by today heading down Morgan into downtown and holy wow is that parking deck they are building huge.  I'm kind of sad that thing is going to make such an imprint on the view in that area.  Are they going to be doing anything to "dress down" that huge parking structure?

It just took me by total surprise.  Didn't expect that.  I knew a deck was going in on that end, but damn.

• 2 months later...

^ It almost kind of implies that a site has been selected for Evaluserve....does anyone have any insider info on that? I realize their September 1st occupancy deadline means they must be taking existing office space somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not sure if everyone knew this, or if I mentioned it in the warehouse district thread, but the Morgan St. facing portion of the parking deck looks like it is being configured for retail. Definitely would soften the blow of such a huge parking deck and help string together the ever growing Morgan St retail scene. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived