Citrix Systems Downtown Raleigh

RALNATIVE

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Triangle Business Journal has a gallery up of some photos of the completed renovation.  http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/gallery/88651

Wish there were more photos!  Such a cool building for downtown Raleigh!

My condo is just around the corner from Citrix. Walked over a week or so ago to take a look, and was very impressed with the look of the outside.

The grand opening is scheduled for next Thursday. I'm certain that more photos will be posted then.

Currently, Raleigh has 3 of the top 20 best tech companies to work for...SAS, Red Hat, and Citrix. I suspect that this will be the driving force for branding Raleigh as one of the premier high tech cities in the US.

Great companies attract the best talent and other companies follow the best talent.

I totally agree. I have been saying for a while that Raleigh's 'thing' should to position itself as a technology leader and orient downtown around that concept. We also have Cree, and LEDing all of downtown's lights seems like a no-brainer to me. Anyway, since nobody in a leadership position really seems to have embraced this idea, I am very glad Citrix and Red Hat are lighting the torch themselves and running with it...

Anyway, since nobody in a leadership position really seems to have embraced this idea, I am very glad Citrix and Red Hat are lighting the torch themselves and running with it...

Not sure if that's correct. I've met and talked to Mary Ann Baldwin and she really does get it. She co-founded Innovate Raleigh and is a powerful voice on the city council for smart growth, innovation, and pushing Raleigh forward. Mitchell Silver was another strong advocate, but unfortunately he left to return to NYC.

I noticed glass being installed today on the ground level of the Citrix parking deck, facing Morgan St. I'm assuming that this will be retail space afterall.

Yeah, I was milling around the area and that appears to be the case. There's a "space available" sign up there, too.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't see that as more than just a change in the by whomever buys Goto (and Sharefile, for that matter).  The facility plus existing staff is going to be a huge plus for the company that picks up those product suites.  As far as the Raleigh Tech scene, I think it's still going strong.  The startup scene may be having issues, but in a city with limited local VC, and with the state of the national VC scene (sorry, finance majors, an LLP with a niche mobile app and no clue how to monetize it is not worth $500m) isn't a great indicator of the health of technology nor innovation in the area.  Our ability to generate homegrown talent, and the work being done in software, hardware and other tech fields in the area is what drives the health of the industry in Raleigh.  The shift to calling it a "scene" is a symptom of misplaced priorities and a quick ROI mindset; the VC set and the engineers trying to cash a lottery ticket are slowly learning that.  What this area has, and what it needs to foster is not a "scene" but an industry, but that's a rant for another day.

Archived