Citrix Systems Downtown Raleigh

RALNATIVE

• 2 months later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

So now they are moving 400 jobs to Raleigh. Are they going to be able to pack enough cubicles into the parking deck, or is there a possibility they will take up space in One Glenwood or perhaps is the lot between the tracks on Hargett in play? I remember the developer saying something about future development on this lot up to 20 floors. 

With 400 Citrix jobs coming this quote from a couple years ago could be relevant again:

"[Greg] Hatem – who owns 10 properties in the vicinity, including the building that houses his barbecue restaurant, The Pit – said he is in talks with an out-of-state information technology company that is considering relocating 450 or more employees to the Warehouse District.

“Success breeds success,” he said.

Hatem also is developing plans to build a tower up to 30 stories high on the 1-acre vacant lot he owns at 600 W. Hargett Stt. The building Hatem envisions would include first-floor retail shops, topped by offices and residential space.

“We’re not doing feasibility studies,” he said. “We’re moving forward with design and so forth.”

Hatem and his company, Empire Properties, made its mark on downtown by acquiring and renovating vacant buildings."

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/north-raleigh-news/article10089794.html

Well that sure is pretty specific sounding. I remember the article, but recalled none of the details. I assumed Citrix would set up shop in the Dillion, but perhaps not. What was the horizon Citrix said for these hires? Through like 2020 or so? That's a lot of high paying jobs working downtown....

• 9 months later...

Archived