middle school students taunt 68 year old bus monitor

cityboi

A group of middle schools taunted a 68 year old Karen Klein for over 10 minutes with constant profanity, filthy language and comments about her weight. At one point one kid said something very hurtful. He said her family killed themselves because they didn't want to be around her. Karen's son actually committed suicide. They were poking at her arms and sides saying how fat she was. The kids need a beat down. I think this all started with the generation born in the 1980s. I'm 34 years old and even as a child of the 1980s, this kind of thing was unheard of. When my parents were in school in the 1950s and 1960s, students respected their teacher and elders. In those days it was ok for teachers to spank students. Even when I was 3 or 4 it was still ok for teachers and school officials to spank. When my parents were growing up neighbors spanked your kids when they were bad.

I blame poor parenting and these so called "child abuse laws" that say you can't hit your children. I was spanked and my parents were spanked. In those days you got beat with what ever was nearby. I turned out ok. I always respected my elders and still do today. Time out in the corner isn't going to work. The video was recorded by a student on the bus with his phone and was uploaded to youtube. There has been worldwide outcry and so far people have raised almost $400,000 for old Karen Klein so she can retire. People have also rasied money for her to go to Disneyland.

The boys involved and their families have received thousands of death threats.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ex.html?is_LR=1

I know it was tough for her to sit through that and not be able to lay on hand on those kids.

[media=]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the behavior of those kids was horrible, and they should be punished. And I'm glad people have responded to help that woman retire.

However, hitting kids for ANY reason is wrong. Dead wrong. There are means of discipline 100% more effective. Beating kids sends them a strong message that violence is how adults deal with problems.

Hitting a kid shows that the parent has absolutely no parenting skills.

Some beautiful news in this deeply sad story: a Canadian man learned of Karen's inhumane treatment at the hands of those horrible brats on the bus she was monitoring. He was so moved, he began a campaign for people to donate money so she could have a nice vacation. He originally hoped for $5000.

So far, people have donated $600,000+ to this lovely woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNPqzlA-rJw

Further update:

The monstrous students that tormented Karen Klein have been suspended for one year, and they have also lost their bus privileges. Of course this is a good development.

Perhaps an even better development would be if the country finally wakes up to the bullying problem that is plaguing America. Even as awful as Karen's experience was, maybe something good could come out of it----zero tolerance of bullying should be addressed in early school.

In the meantime, if anyone is keeping score:

Karen Klein: support and love from most of the country, and $650,000 donated to her from caring Americans and Canadians.

Abusive brats on the bus: zero

Archived