Hurricane season 2012

cajun

Looks like it spared everyone north of the coastal communities for now. The western part of the river up towards Angola and Old River will be getting it for the next 4 to 6 hours.

My friends in Old Metarie are saying this was the most over hyped storm they've ever seen. They still have power.

The Baton Rouge friends are saying similar things.....like it's a really bad thunderstorm that won't leave. I consider that a good thing, having remembered Guatav, Rita, Katrina, and Andrew very well.

Fourcheon and Grand Isle are probably a disaster today...but that is to be expected in any storm.

Some areas will be out of power for a while, but I think we can be greatful that the Capitol city and NOLA are seeing 40 mph sustained winds instead of 70 or 80.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazingly we still have power...but many parts of BR out....wind gust at least 60-65mph a few times.

Pretty impressive for only a CAT#1....the slow movement is what made it worse...it's been almost 24 hours on & off with tropical storm gust 40+...if it were moving faster it wouldn't be as frustrating. The circulation center is still stuck south of BR...we can walk faster than this storm is moving!

I feel bad for those coastal parishes in SE LA....

The Westbank of NOLA might not think the storm was overhyped

394291_3568404492095_302882667_n.jpg

It's no laughing matter....but the media was drawing Katrina comparisons while that fool from TWC interviews from the state Capitol and freaks out because a 3" long stick fell in his general vacinity.

It could have been much, much worse. I'm greatful that it wasn't.

No doubt Katrina & Gustav were more powerful storms...the only comparison that could be made for Isaac was the massive rainfall totals because he barely moved...even I-10 was shut down in St.John the Baptist bec of water over the freeway....some levee overflow problems in Plaquemines parish(10 feet of water)..etc

Isaac could have been worse; was a odd storm; millibars were very low for tropical storm/Cat#1 hurricane...Grand Isle & Plaquemines parish mayors both said "no way that was a Cat#1" Dry-air helped keep him in check; and still is to the west where Lafayette barely got any rain.

Hope we don't have to post about any new tropical systems the remainder of this season; Hurricane season tends to shut down by mid October in Louisiana.

TWC & sensationalism go hand in hand... missed the update from BR North Blvd Town Square...Flash Flood Warnings were blaring across the TV screen the entire time and abruptly ended as soon as the dang interview was over.

Glad u got power back on Antrell

Archived