Intermodal Triangle Project

I just stumbled onto this PDF from the city regarding a Tiger IV grant application.

This application is to get money for projects that fit into iQuilt as well as Once City One plan.

http://www.hartford....ni/tigerapp.pdf

Something kind of awesome in my estimation is the before/after map on Pg 23 for housing in Downtown.

this is just a representation of what can be done with the planned additional 4000 housing units that that new CCEDA agency is supposed to bring..

They indicate some of the state owned buildings being converted to housing. anyways, it shows the potential mertely in massing and not even using large buildings. but its interesting

this PDF actually covers several projects that ultimately combine to create a larger project much like i Quilt.

They are seeking 13.5 million and looking to supply 7+ locally

this will fix up union station as well as "green up" the street along the park, and also some of the monies were to extend the busway I think, but definately to replace and spruce up some bus stops.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this while PDF last night and I have to say that if all of this happens it will be a little slice of Awesome.

First, they will fix up union station and prepare it partly for the commuter rail, partly for the busway and partly for Taxis and other local/regional transit options like city busses.

as part of this they intend to create a better interaction with Asylum St and better signage and also celebrate its near 100 year history (2014)

The Jewell Street plans are also awesome. they are looking to repave and narrow the entire road with wider sidewalks as bike paths.

they will include storm runoff swails and include this as a highlight piece of the East Coast Greenway...

the road will unify this strangely segmented 3 road path into one road and connect Main Street and the park all the way towards union station.

They will remove the median and greatly widen sidewalks making this a great looking street that is intended to encourage park facing development of housing. THERE IS A GREAT RENDERING ON PAGE 11

Asylum will be made 2 way!!!!!!

While this will make many commuters happy it will also slow traffic on Main... But mainly, it will allow busses better circulation

Currently most busses do not cross main street as its a hassle and busses from the train station can easily get over to main. with this change they will be able to have frequent circulator busses and divert more out of town busses over to the train station and also to make it so more bus traffic can happen without transfers making them more convenient efficient and cheaper to operate.

its really well overdue!

this will also include a busway extention loop that will take busses through the city to the convention center to turn around rather than turning around at the train station and therefore better connecting the convention center to this transit options.

and the WTF moment of the report is this tidbit.... as a benefit of this project

• Stimulates new transit-oriented housing development such as

Northland Investment’s proposed 250 unit tower near Union

Station, overlooking Bushnell Park;

lol

I read this while PDF last night and I have to say that if all of this happens it will be a little slice of Awesome.

First, they will fix up union station and prepare it partly for the commuter rail, partly for the busway and partly for Taxis and other local/regional transit options like city busses.

as part of this they intend to create a better interaction with Asylum St and better signage and also celebrate its near 100 year history (2014)

The Jewell Street plans are also awesome. they are looking to repave and narrow the entire road with wider sidewalks as bike paths.

they will include storm runoff swails and include this as a highlight piece of the East Coast Greenway...

the road will unify this strangely segmented 3 road path into one road and connect Main Street and the park all the way towards union station.

They will remove the median and greatly widen sidewalks making this a great looking street that is intended to encourage park facing development of housing. THERE IS A GREAT RENDERING ON PAGE 11

Asylum will be made 2 way!!!!!!

While this will make many commuters happy it will also slow traffic on Main... But mainly, it will allow busses better circulation

Currently most busses do not cross main street as its a hassle and busses from the train station can easily get over to main. with this change they will be able to have frequent circulator busses and divert more out of town busses over to the train station and also to make it so more bus traffic can happen without transfers making them more convenient efficient and cheaper to operate.

its really well overdue!

this will also include a busway extention loop that will take busses through the city to the convention center to turn around rather than turning around at the train station and therefore better connecting the convention center to this transit options.

and the WTF moment of the report is this tidbit.... as a benefit of this project

• Stimulates new transit-oriented housing development such as

Northland Investment’s proposed 250 unit tower near Union

Station, overlooking Bushnell Park;

lol

Sounds good to me. I'm looking through it now. I can't knock Northland. They may have bitten off more than they could chew but all in all they've done tremendous good for Dowtown. H21 is such a huge improvement over the former facade of the XL Center on Trumbull.

Archived