Peabody Hotel Future

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a curious turn of events...makes one wonder what's precipitating a sale. Poor performance, or just a good time to sell at a high point (recently awarded AAA four-star status)? I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing as long as any new chain is a reputable group, such as Hyatt, Marriot, etc...

I prefer the current Peabody brand to the Marriott (just a personal perception preference), but I imagine with the money the prospective buyers are talking about investing into the hotel they won't have trouble attracting a strong brand label to the property.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
According to Arkansas Business the Peabody will be rebranded as a Marriot hotel.  According to the letter of intent the name will include Little Rock Riverfront.  There will also be a $16 million upgrade to guest rooms, meeting rooms and the lobby.

No big surprises there. I will miss the Peabody name (and most of all, the ducks), but Marriott will be a decent brand addition down there and the improvements to an already nice (albeit aging) hotel will be very nice. 

According to Arkansas Business the Peabody will be rebranded as a Marriot hotel.  According to the letter of intent the name will include Little Rock Riverfront.  There will also be a $16 million upgrade to guest rooms, meeting rooms and the lobby.

I would have much preferred Hyatt, or another brand I consider more "upscale" than Marriott.  I speculate the reason they plan to use the term "Riverfront" in the name is to distinguish it from the 3 or 4 other Marriotts downtown!  Than, in and of itself, is bad.

I would have much preferred Hyatt, or another brand I consider more "upscale" than Marriott.  I speculate the reason they plan to use the term "Riverfront" in the name is to distinguish it from the 3 or 4 other Marriotts downtown!  Than, in and of itself, is bad.

There will be three Marriott hotels downtown now once the Residence Inn is completed and the Peabody transformation is done, along with the Courtyard. Hyatt or Westin would have been great but for a convention center hotel in this size market it should be fine a a Marriott.  After gaining a Marriott I hate that Little Rock is losing the Hilton brand.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Arkansas Business has an article on the $16 million renovation that the Little Rock Marriott is undergoing.  Looks like every inch of the hotel is going to be a part of the renovation.  All 418 rooms, meeting spaces, the lobby and restaurant are going to be renovated.  Check out the photos with the article.  The rooms will be vastly improved!!!

Archived