Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skirby

Peabody Hotel Future

12 posts in this topic

The Arkansas Times and other news outlets are reporting that the Peabody might be sold to other investors. The brand will change and the Marroitt hotel chain is being mentioned as the possible operator.

This is a curious turn of events...makes one wonder what's precipitating a sale. Poor performance, or just a good time to sell at a high point (recently awarded AAA four-star status)? I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing as long as any new chain is a reputable group, such as Hyatt, Marriot, etc...

I prefer the current Peabody brand to the Marriott (just a personal perception preference), but I imagine with the money the prospective buyers are talking about investing into the hotel they won't have trouble attracting a strong brand label to the property.

I very much like the Peabody brand as well, but let's admit, it's a regional player with only three (now two) hotels. I can see the benefits of aligning with a major, high-end national brand.

According to Arkansas Business the Peabody will be rebranded as a Marriot hotel.  According to the letter of intent the name will include Little Rock Riverfront.  There will also be a $16 million upgrade to guest rooms, meeting rooms and the lobby.

According to Arkansas Business the Peabody will be rebranded as a Marriot hotel.  According to the letter of intent the name will include Little Rock Riverfront.  There will also be a $16 million upgrade to guest rooms, meeting rooms and the lobby.

No big surprises there. I will miss the Peabody name (and most of all, the ducks), but Marriott will be a decent brand addition down there and the improvements to an already nice (albeit aging) hotel will be very nice. 

I would have much preferred Hyatt, or another brand I consider more "upscale" than Marriott.  I speculate the reason they plan to use the term "Riverfront" in the name is to distinguish it from the 3 or 4 other Marriotts downtown!  Than, in and of itself, is bad.

I would have much preferred Hyatt, or another brand I consider more "upscale" than Marriott.  I speculate the reason they plan to use the term "Riverfront" in the name is to distinguish it from the 3 or 4 other Marriotts downtown!  Than, in and of itself, is bad.

There will be three Marriott hotels downtown now once the Residence Inn is completed and the Peabody transformation is done, along with the Courtyard. Hyatt or Westin would have been great but for a convention center hotel in this size market it should be fine a a Marriott.  After gaining a Marriott I hate that Little Rock is losing the Hilton brand.

According to the Democrat Gazette, the Peabody will officially become the Marriott on May 1.

Edited by theman

Arkansas Business has an article on the $16 million renovation that the Little Rock Marriott is undergoing.  Looks like every inch of the hotel is going to be a part of the renovation.  All 418 rooms, meeting spaces, the lobby and restaurant are going to be renovated.  Check out the photos with the article.  The rooms will be vastly improved!!!