Builder's Plates for Grand Rapids-area Bridges

Fester

Driving down Chicago Drive for about the millionth time a few weeks ago, and a bronze marker on the Plaster Creek Bridge (immediately West of Clyde Park) caught my eye. SO, I stopped and photographed them. THis one, dated 1918, lists State of Michigan RTrunk Highway, City of Grand rapids, and The Grand rapids Railway (trolley line). A rarity; thare are identical markers on BOTH the N & S-side railings. Once I figure out how to add images, I'll put it up.

This adds to my list of GR-area Bridge Builder Plates (mostly railroad related):

Pere Marquette Railway over 28th Street

New York Central over 28th Street

Interurban Swing Bridge over the Grand River, near Godfrey. Later Michigan Central, NYC, Oenn Central & ConRail

I have not located one at the LS&MS swing bridge (Kent Trails), but I don't expect to since so much of the bridge is now missing.

ANy others?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived