Travelers Tower gets a facelift.

beerbeer

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are supposed to re-do their plaza in the near future as well and that is why they are working with iQuilt. I wonder if this renovation includes the plaza re-do or if they will be doing that later?

I would have to imagine it would include the Iquilt thing because the city just got big grant and are going to be do gold street and that would tie into the plaza

They are supposed to re-do their plaza in the near future as well and that is why they are working with iQuilt. I wonder if this renovation includes the plaza re-do or if they will be doing that later?

I would have to imagine it would include the Iquilt thing because the city just got big grant and are going to be do gold street and that would tie into the plaza

HBJ had an article on this that mentioned that the current project does not include the Plaza.

Thanks!

i've been having trouble with the HBJ site on my phone. its rough not having access to a site you read every day.. im on a laptop now so.. time for catch up :)

from HBJ

Wislocki added that the building's facelift is not related to the Hartford's iQuilt initiative.

Part of the iQuilt plan calls for the creation of 1.5-acre outdoor space between Travelers Tower and the Wadsworth Atheneum that would create a single, integrated public space to be called Tower Square.

SO I am wondering..... how long before Malloy throws a first five out there and gets Travelers to move HQ back to Hartford? seems a fresh renovated building and a new plaza seem like exactly the right time ehh?

Archived