Florida Mall/Mall at Millenia

101_ce

Mall at Millenia did not sell out to cheap stores during the economic downturn like so many other luxury shopping centers around the country. They are reaping the benefits of it, now. Good for them.

We know what the next decade entails for the Mall, but what about Millenia as a whole? Will we see a push for a more pedestrian friendly, urban development? Luxury condominums? Boutique hotels? I'd welcome an open-air development adjacent to the mall. Millenia could be Orlando's Bal Harbour, or Buckhead.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that the developer stated In recent interview that his biggest regret was not purchasing the out-parcels adjacent to the mall. The subdivisions behind the mall seem to be pretty dated, not pedestrian-friendly, and lower-income. I think a 4-star boutique hotel would definitely work in the area, closer to the I-4 side or near the container store area. That would be a start in the right direction. The 3 apartments complexes that have been built around the mall are typical suburban developments unfortunately

• 2 months later...

Millenia News

• MaxStudio has closed
  • Marmi has closed, Breitling has opened or is opening in their space. 
  • Probably old news, but Betsey Johnson and The Body Shop have closed, and Tag Heur and Tumi have opened in their spaces, respectively. 
  • Loft is relocating to a new space on level one in the former Bath & Body Works space, which has relocated to level 2 across from Express. 
  • PacSun has closed
  • Aerosoles has closed, Vera Bradley has opened
  • Cole Haan has closed
  • BCBG has moved to the former Ed Hardy space in the center court on level 2
  • Yankee Candle has closed

Other notes:

Prada will likely be taking the former Cole Haan and BCBG spaces in the Bloomingdale's wing on level 2. Since the mall continues to attract luxury retailers, It wouldn't surprise me if some of the stores on level one in the luxury wing started moving over to the Macy's wing. There is a huge space on level 2 that is open since Loft is moving. Or, a larger JCrew and a Sephora would be great. If         Millenia got a Sephora and Nordstrom then there would be no reason for me to go to the Florida Mall. In fact, when I come to Orlando I will be visiting both Millenia and Aventura Mall, so then I won't have to go to FL mall. Besides, I (and many others) do not like the FL mall Nordstrom. 

Also, I have seen multiple times of The Capital Grille opening, but I have only seen The Capital Grille Bistro once or twice early on. Also, Millenia shows it as The Capital Grille, but not the Bistro. I wonder if things have changed. 

I am also wondering why there aren't many hotels in the area. There should be some; it is a nice area, however, the crime is picking up. 

Edited by ct36

Yet more closings at the Mall at Millenia-

• FYE- not surprising as they're overpriced and have closed other area location.
  • Zara- a disappointment. Though the store at the Florida Mall seemed to have a better seleciton and layout, I just prefer going to Millenia. I do hope they consider reopening in smaller space.
  • NaHoku- yet another one of the original retailers to open in the mall.
  • Beside TeaVana, two other stores (I forget which retailer they were) closed but are being taken over by the retailers listed above.

Walking around the mall, there's quite a bit of buildout happening. While I'm sad to see some stores go, I think it may help the mall in the future.

• Express/Express Men is moving downstairs into the former Zara space
  • Mayor's Jewelers is moving to the former MaxStudio space in the Neiman Marcus court 
  • DIESEL is opening in the former bebe space
  • Buckle is opening in the former PacSun space in the Macy's wing
  • Guess is moving into the former FYE space in the Macy's wing
  • Splended is opening the former Charles David space near center court
  • Seven For All Mankind is opening in the former NaHoku space
  • Bag N Baggage has closed
  • Hublot and Omega are opening on level two in the center court next to Juicy Couture 
  • Michael Kors is moving to the former Cole Haan space
  • BOSS is moving to a smaller space in the former BCBG store
  • Forever 21 is giving up their mammoth of a space and is moving to the former ZGallerie/Temporary Apple Store
  • YSL is on the mall map, so they are definitely opening after some uncertainty considering nothing has been said in a while and they did not put it on the map when they almost always do as soon as a store is announced. 

Well, there is definitely a lot of changing up. The mall opened at the end of 2002 if I am not mistaken so I assume all of these closures are from the non-renewal of 10 year leases. I suppose I was right about the "lower end" (but still upscale) stores moving out of the Neiman's/Bloomingdale's wing to the Macy's wing. I assume Prada will be taking the former BOSS space when they move to their smaller space. I am thinking the huge Forever 21/XXI store will be something big (not in size, but a big deal) like A Topshop or something, 2 more restaurants would fit also. If not, I am thinking one of the larger stores such as Abercrombie & Fitch or Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn kids could be moving to the 21 space to create more room in the luxury wing. Not too surprising, but a new store would be better. 

After everything, the former BOSS, Guess, Express, LOFT, Mayor's, and maybe a few more will still be available so that's a good amount of space to be leased. However with all of Millenia's store openings I think it will be very, very easy. I don't think before too long Crate & Barrel will have to move, although it is a bit odd since it is a very long space which, although would provide several good spaces, they would not be wide enough to have a good storefront. 

The good thing about Millenia is that they have plenty of space for expansion and could easily add many stores and even Nordstrom and Saks when, if ever, they decide to jump from FL mall. I think they should, but that is if Saks survives. I suppose it should, since FL is one of Saks' strongest markets. 

I may have mentioned this before, but I'd love to see a Sephora at Millenia. I was surprised there was not one. Tampa has 3, so shouldn't Orlando have at least 2? 

Edited by ct36

I am EXTREMELY disappointed about the closing of ZARA at the Millenia Mall. It was one of my favorite stores if not my favorite store there. Now I will HAVE to go to the Florida Mall which I usually try to avoid because of the large crowds. BUMMER!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yea, Zara is definitely the most shocking of this entire transition. The store could have used a different layout/design though, the Florida Mall Zara is smaller yet has a better selection and better interior design and is always busy, which isn't a bad thing. It's interesting because the second level of the Florida Mall XXI was actually supposed to be the second level to the Zara (that would've been heaven!), I guess they didn't anticipate the success it is now when they did that last minute change.

• 2 weeks later...

Louis Vuitton and Michael Kors are opening new stores in the mall. The Louis Vuitton store was just expanded only a few years ago, taking the former Dior space. I guess that just lets you know just how well that store does. I wonder where it will go? 

Sephora and H&M are also opening at the mall. I would assume H&M is taking the Forever 21 space. 

edit: Millenia has updated their map and it looks like Express has been split up into two spaces. The new space hasn't opened yet I am assuming, so I suppose Express is only a half size temporary store now. It is kind of odd how they updated the space sizes but removed some of the names of relocated stores. 

Edited by ct36

• 3 weeks later...

Ysl is opening so late because they hired a new visual director and he changed the whole outside look. Otherwise they would've opened in the fall as planned. Prada still hasn't found a spot they're looking for.

I know papyrus is coming in.

I'm so anticipating and so excited for LV, diesel, and 7 coming in/expanding. I have so many 7 jeans, they're realiable. Plus the only 7 closest is at the outlets. And then in South beach.

Versace will be coming in 2014. So the rumors have been started. Idk if its true.

Versace has been trying to come back to the outlets for a year or so but has been unsuccessful when they closed down the store a long while before the lease was supposed to end.

I can't wait for the expansion to the outlets! I'm hoping for some more high end luxury stores, I'm getting tired of seeing these tourist based stores(or brands that I hate or don't want to wear).

One brand I'm wishing to see soon is the California retail phenomenon John varvatos and dolce & Gabbana come to the mall at millennia.

We all know how Michael kors is going to do at the Florida mall.

They chose the old zales/Kay jewelers spot(which is huge) because they're debuting the men's collection. Also the reason why they're expanding at the Millenia mall is to debut the men's collection.

That's all for now! Thanks ;)

Ysl is opening so late because they hired a new visual director and he changed the whole outside look. Otherwise they would've opened in the fall as planned. Prada still hasn't found a spot they're looking for.

I know papyrus is coming in.

I'm so anticipating and so excited for LV, diesel, and 7 coming in/expanding. I have so many 7 jeans, they're realiable. Plus the only 7 closest is at the outlets. And then in South beach.

Versace will be coming in 2014. So the rumors have been started. Idk if its true.

Versace has been trying to come back to the outlets for a year or so but has been unsuccessful when they closed down the store a long while before the lease was supposed to end.

I can't wait for the expansion to the outlets! I'm hoping for some more high end luxury stores, I'm getting tired of seeing these tourist based stores(or brands that I hate or don't want to wear).

One brand I'm wishing to see soon is the California retail phenomenon John varvatos and dolce & Gabbana come to the mall at millennia.

We all know how Michael kors is going to do at the Florida mall.

They chose the old zales/Kay jewelers spot(which is huge) because they're debuting the men's collection. Also the reason why they're expanding at the Millenia mall is to debut the men's collection.

That's all for now! Thanks ;)

That would make more sense. YSL is supposedly going to open sometime this spring or summer. I am pretty sure Prada is opening in the former BOSS space. BOSS has just opened  a store near center court, near Ferragamo. Prada has shown up on the mall map in that space, but is gone now. They are pretty odd about adding new stores to the map and deleting them, but all of them open regardless, so nothing to worry about. 

Versace would be amazing. I really think a lot of the cheaper stores will close as their lease ends and the more upscale stores on the other side of the mall, like JCrew, Anthropologie, etc. will move to the Macy's end and luxury stores will take their place. Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, etc. 

I didn't know MK was adding a new collection. I don't really like MK though. It's too mass market for me. It's nice, but once anything gets mass appeal it is just less appealing. Coach used to be very upscale and luxurious but it got mass appeal, and now is more "soccer mom" like rather than the upscale company it used to be. I am afraid the same is happening with Michael Kors. However, they do have an advantage of having the more expensive lines like KORS and Michael Kors, and only this will happen to the MICHAEL line. I guess we can Hope?

Also, welcome to the forum! 

• 3 weeks later...

MK isn't adding a new collection. They're just debuting the new men's collection that they only sell in NYC, California, and online.

Sony is taking the old breathing/mayors store(I forgot which one. Next to n3l optics).

Also plans of a new watch station international(which is currently only at the outlets) is planning in opening a store in Fl apparently this yr.

What do you think is going to be added in the expansion of the premium outlets?

It would be nice to have luxury retailers added.

Gucci has an outlet at st. Augustine beach outlets, which are too far.

Ysl is still planning to open late spring.

Prada has selected the old HB spot, and is planning in opening around the same time as ysl

7famk is opening in April.

Diesel won't be until the summer

• 1 month later...

The Capital Grille opened the 18th. It is indeed a regular Capital Grille and not a Capital Grille Bistro like discussed earlier. It seems kind of odd having 2 locations so close, especially in a smaller market like Orlando. Even Miami just has one on Brickell and the next closest one is in Fort Lauderdale at the Galleria. Also, C Wonder is opening between Abercrombie & Fitch and Lacoste. On Millenia's map, you can see how Express is going to be sub-divided when they move. I have a feeling that Sephora will take the larger of the two spaces. Anyone have any idea what will go into the Sony space? Louis Vuitton is expanding, but I'm not sure when and where. Michael Kors borders part of LV, so they could take MK, Rolex, and Mac. That would create an approximately 10,000 square foot store, making it the second largest in Florida (it might already be), just behind the brand new Maison at Aventura Mall. 

Also, any word on Apple at Florida Mall? They were supposed to expand into the former Pottery Barn space, but it has been over a year since they have vacated and nothing seems to be happening. 

Florida Mall

Kind of weird to be in the middle of the center court. I think they should take the Brookstone out as well and relocate it so that the center court is nice and open. Maybe put a nice fountain there? I'm sure it feels pretty cramped with the way it is now, and having just one store in the middle is kind of odd.

I haven't been to Florida Mall in ages, but back in the 80's & early 90's, the center court was open. The entire mall was styled to look sort of like a village & the storefronts, especially in the center court, looked like building facades in a small town square with shingled roofs, etc. I think there was even some sort of gazebo. I always thought it was sort of reminiscent of "Main Street USA" in The Magic Kingdom. I think the stores you're talking about were originally built as a Universdal Studios gift store in the early - mid 90's.

Hello everyome!!

Well actually the center of the Florida mall was a Warner bros store, which I miss.

C wonder

Kate spade

Carl steffans or whatever it's called

Are all coming in. Kate spade is actually about to open.

I see prada and ysl opening both in the summer/fall together.

Ysl is still waiting for the Texas store to open so they could begin the hiring process.

Prada has just begun hiring.

7FAMK is about to open its doors

Diesel is more into the summer

Tumi has taken the display slot for the old Michael kors and Michael kors expanded across from them.

Buckle & guess have opened.

Billabong is planning on taking the old pacsun spot.

Still wondering what's going to take the place of forever 21, Sony, henri bendels display visual next to Bloomingdales, the old Michael kors store, and another store I do not remember next to the Tmobile retail store.

Invictus should come to the mall at Millenia.

Now at the Florida mall!!

Michael kors is planning on opening.

American eagle closed for renovations on a new look(millennias store view)

Billabong has opened

Fox racing is planning on opening at the old billabong store

Ccxs(small shoe company distributer) is planning on closing.

I do want to see them renovate the other half(where jcpenny & sears are) side of the mall. Don't really like the vibe of it.

In all honesty I really want the whole mall To go under full renovations.

I'm sure when banana republic & a{sodEmoji.|}X Armani exchange leases are up they will expand and/or redesign to the Millenia store look.

And for the outlets

The expansion for premium outlets on Vineland ave will contain a new garage with a bridge across vineland ave(lmfao bc no one there knows how to drive).

They're trying to bring some high end stores in, still, waiting for leases to be signed.

Saks off 5th ave will be there and last call by Neiman Marcus are going to be there.

UPDATE:

Donald J. Plainer, splendid and 7 for all mankind had just opened!

Edited by Orlando

Hello everyome!!

Well actually the center of the Florida mall was a Warner bros store, which I miss.

Ahhh, OK.

I was thinking Universal. But the WB store came along after several years of it being an open courtyard.

Which is what I've always missed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep getting whispers of a major announcement over at Florida Mall this week.  Anyone else hear this? Any idea what it is? 

Think it might have to do with the recent partial release of easement between OUC and Florida Mall?  If not what is this partial easement really all about?

No lol.

Now for Millenia:

Sephora will take over express woman's. nothing yet for men's side.

H&m will take the old forever 21. I hope it's clean.

The new forever 21& express opened up and they look just like the International plaza stores. Glad they're more open and clean.

All saints Is taking the old guess spot.

Nothing yet for old cache spot, express men's, and old Michael kors store.

At Florida mall:

Garage took up the old bellagio jewelers spot in the sears wing.

Fox racing is taking the old billabong.

Billabong took the old abz toys store.

American eagle is still being remodeled.

At the Vineland premium outlets:

Marc ecko closed.

Outlet expansion will be done before Black Friday.

Saks off 5th is the only confirmed store. And Neiman Marcus isn't going in.

Edited by Orlando