Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Pittsburgh, PA: through Lakelander's eyes

After I left Cleveland, I headed to Pittsburgh. Here are some of pics taken around town on Sun. July 11th.

cathedral-1L.jpg

downtown-5L.jpg

downtown-4L.jpg

skyline.jpg

park.jpg

downtown-3.jpg

downtown-2.jpg

downtown-1.jpg

Strip District

strip-district-4.jpg

strip-district-3.jpg

strip-district-1.jpg

I ate lunch here

strip-district-2.jpg

Squirrel Hill

shadyside-2.jpg

shadyside-1.jpg

Highlands

highlands.jpg

Bloomfield

bloomfield.jpg

This is where a co-worker of my lived, on South Aiken St. For some strange reason, he decided to pack up and move to Florida. He mentioned something about loving the beach.

shane.jpg

a cool looking Cathedral not to far away from South Aiken

cathedral.jpg

Birmingham

birmingham-3.jpg

birmingham-2.jpg

birmingham-1.jpg

Someone painted "APES!" on the Armstrong Cork Building! :D

That building looks like an eyesore, I know, but take a closer look at it. It's a classic building, and it's HUGE too! I just hope someone can finally restore it. There've been four or five people in the past 10 years who have talked about restoring it and making into a retail/office/residential building complex, but for some reason, no one's plans have ever taken off. :(

More nice shots lakelander.

I like the mix of tall and short and in between on facing the street. It looks like there's a lot of architectural diversity there.

That building looks like an eyesore, I know, but take a closer look at it. It's a classic building, and it's HUGE too! I just hope someone can finally restore it. There've been four or five people in the past 10 years who have talked about restoring it and making into a retail/office/residential building complex, but for some reason, no one's plans have ever taken off.

my co-worker who recently moved from Pittsburgh, worked for one of the firms that developed plans for this building. He showed me them, once he noticed I had taken a picture of the building. The mixed use development they proposed, about a year or so ago, looked pretty good. Its too bad it didn't work out.