Random shots of Spartanburg

Spartan

cityspartanburgsc26.jpg

Northern side of Morgan Square

cityspartanburgscdowntown.jpg

Aerial of the BB&T bulding and plaza

citySpartanburgSC_DunbarSt.jpg

Looking at Dunbar St from the new bus station's upper deck.

citySpartanburgSCmarriothotel.jpg

The new Marriot Hotel & Conference Center rendering- I'll try to get some real pics eventually.

citySpartanburgSCMainStApts.jpg

Its not boarded up! Its being rennovated into a restaurant on the bottom floor and apartments on the upper floors. Since this picture was taken it has been completed and there are luxury aparments for rent. This is typical for many places in downtown.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool! Morgan Square looks neat. That last shot is cool too. Glad to see the live/work stuff happening there. The trend is going strong in Columbia too. Lots of old department store buildings getting a retrofit for retail/eatery downstairs and loft-style living upstairs. I'd love to do it, but the wife wouldn't have it! :)

Also, that looks like a *really* sweet Marriot! Mega nice. I just heard today that our downtown Adam's Mark (below) was purchased by Marriot. They're supposedly gonna totally gut the thing and renovate it and add more conference space. And they're putting in a Ruth's Chris Steak House... Mmmmmmmmm. :) I think I'll be going downtown for lunch with my wife more often. hehe.

001217A.jpg

I met James Taylor in the lobby there once. :)

The trend is going strong in Columbia too. Lots of old department store buildings getting a retrofit for retail/eatery downstairs and loft-style living upstairs. I'd love to do it, but the wife wouldn't have it! :)

Yeah I know- I would love to live in the Tapps building!

Archived