Charlotte getting Coyote Ugly Saloon

appatone

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from the website:

Coyote Ugly Charlotte is located at 521 North College Street.

Girl Search is August 8-9, Grand Opening is August 20.

from the map it looks like it will be on the corner of 8th and College. It also looks like if you are walking north on College the bar will be on the left hand side of the street.

Metro, the one here in Panama City Beach is your basic beach bar where one goes to have casual fun listening to a band or even karioke (or however it's spelled). I will be nice to have a fun place on College street where even baby boomers can party. Ours has a band stage, a large dance floor and of course, a subdued pool table or two. It is a good place for all.

What kind of bar is this?

A rowdy, and fun bar. The one in Atlanta is actually a lot of fun. The bartenders there are smoking , and very funny over the PA ( they do that to harass the guys, but never mess with the females ).

The one in Atlanta is alot like the movie. They dance on the bar, do body shots, mess with the crowd, etc..

I will say that I've been to afew different ones around the country while traveling for work, and Atlanta and Tampa were the best... And, the girl that runs those two is running Charlotte too I hear.

I think it'll be good for Charlotte. .especially if your ready to get tanked.

^^^^

I'd be more excited, but I've been spoiled by bars in California. I can't spend more than 15 minutes in a Charlotte bar before the cigarette smoke makes me feel sick. Bleh.

Yeah, That's true. There is smoke... after all you are in tabacco country :)

But, if you can stand that, It should be a good place to either start off the night, or end up at the end of it.

Has anybody else been to a Coyote somewhere else?

Riverband, It was awful in Europe. Everyone seems to smoke, especially in London. The bars are smoke filled. I live in Florida. We aren't allowed to smoke in bars either. It actually increased business in most estabilshments. Oh well, it is either suffer the smoke and have fun or stay home. I will just have to suffer when I am in Clt. I hope there is good ventilation anyway.

Actually there was an article in the Obserevr not long ago saying Charlotte is thinking about the smoking ban in resteraunts and bars. There was another saying all state supported NC colleges and Universities would ban smoking in all buildings including dorms and limit smoking outdoors to specific "smoking sections" on campus.

Tobacco is on the out and out. Many tobacco companies are diversifying. NC is not nearly as dependent on tobacco money as we used to be which is now leading to all of these changes. Most of the world's tobacco is coming in from Turkey anyway which put a lot of NC farmers out of the tobacco industry. I'll see if I can locate the article.

I could only get the first little bit of the article because I didn't want to pay to see the Observers archives. Anyway, the article is from April.

Lighting up a cigarette in a public place might get more difficult in Charlotte if one City Council member has her way.Democrat Susan Burgess wants to expand the city's anti-smoking laws beyond public buildings."I have a real interest in the effects of second-hand smoke on the public health," said Burgess, who has a graduate degree in public health.Ideally, she would like to see a ban similar to those in California and New York, which prohibit smoking in businesses

I could only get the first little bit of the article because I didn't want to pay to see the Observers archives. Anyway, the article is from April.

Lighting up a cigarette in a public place might get more difficult in Charlotte if one City Council member has her way.Democrat Susan Burgess wants to expand the city's anti-smoking laws beyond public buildings."I have a real interest in the effects of second-hand smoke on the public health," said Burgess, who has a graduate degree in public health.Ideally, she would like to see a ban similar to those in California and New York, which prohibit smoking in businesses

hmmmm... interesting.

Actually there was an article in the Obserevr not long ago saying Charlotte is thinking about the smoking ban in resteraunts and bars.

It would take a lot for that to happen here...everyone thinks tobacco is a vegetable around here.... :P

There was an initial fear that banning smoking in restaurants and clubs here in Florida would hurt business. Business has picked up since the ban. Many people that were smoke sensitive can not go anywhere without the bother. I think that banning smoking in N.C. would be a step in the right direction. Just came back from a summer in Europe. Seems that everyone, everywhere smokes there. It was awful (in that respect).

Archived