Columbia, SC Images

emerging.me

I got out on Saturday and took some great shots of Columbia. Bad news is... I broke my camera, so no more pics until next week after I get it fixed or get a new one. :(

These images are primarily of the Vista and surrounding areas near the Congaree River. The filenames should be descriptive enough to tell ya what you're looking at -- that'll have to do for the moment, but if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll give details.

There is so much growth and change going on in this area that, as you'll see, it's hard to take a pic without an orange cone or barrel in it. But that's a great thing. It's already really nice, but in one or two years, this place is gonna be the stuff.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH! Spartan... would've been able to get to more of your requests if I hadn't broke my camera. :) You'll find some in this batch. I'll get the rest next time.

heh, thats cool- sorry to hear about your camera :(

Great pics though- do you mind if I save some for posting later on?

Those are great! I like the Downtown Publix too! Publix is my favorite grocery store. That has to be one of my favorite views of the city. That old bridge is so well preserved. I wish Winston-Salem would restore their historic bridge leading in on the north. It has broken lamp posts and worn concrete. I love the palms too.

Hey Spartan,

Here are the biggie version of the pics you requested.

http://www.linder.net/columbiapics/DSC00047.JPG

http://www.linder.net/columbiapics/DSC00058.JPG

Getting a new camera today. :) Thanks for all the sympathy, everyone. hehe. It's gonna be really nice on Saturday, so maybe I'll take some more pics -- being careful to wear the wrist strap this time!

Yeah, Matthew... the Gervais Street Bridge is really cool. Unfortunately, the lamps are out (they're electric lights) right now due to a wiring problem and they won't be able to have them fixed until some time next year. But it still looks really cool -- just not as cool at night.

• 3 months later...

Archived