Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danteque

Buongiorno, bonjour, guten tag, god dag, Good day!

Howdy!

Any others from Europe in here? Let's start by writing what city and country we are from.

I'm from Oslo, Norway. 500,000 in the city, and around a million if you also look at the suburbs.

I do hope someone replies here!

I like Belgium. I want to go there. Everyone says it's beautiful.

As my friend so nicely put it "it's JUST like norway, just much more fun, and a better climate".

I thought Belgium had such a dense population that you all just live in one enormous city? *chuckles*

How long do you have to drive to the next city?

I'd likke to see more posts on Europe! This forum should be a good start. I've been over there several times, and I like to see info about it.

heres a bit of moscow, around the center, i live in the neighbor hoods, so this isnt really where i live, its just the city i live in, and a building ive been seeing alot lately

river.jpg

9450-0.jpg

obeliskoffreedom.jpg

as u can see, it looks like a big city(well, this is about a millionth of it... literally)

in this pic... sorta... but if u really wana see some big parts of it, i might take some pictures myself.

Somehow I remember Выход very well, and ниет Валуj

the last letter might be wrong. But niet baluj or something... no joke or something??

Vihod(Выхoд) means Exit.

and i dont no anything about ur second one, deffinetely no something. was it... nye kooreet(не куритъ)?that means no smokingю

no no. It was Ne baluj.

Something like this:

не балyй

I found it on this soviet poster thing picturing soviet man pointing finger at "uncle sam" (the bad capitalist american).

oooooo ur ''j'' in baluj made a ''y'' sound! yeah, that means ur not allowed to act stupid or clumsy, obnoxious, act childish. but i dont get why hes pointing a finger at uncle sam!

Spartan; what do you mean by snooty?

I think Russia is so exciting. I think he was saying "ne baluj" and pointing at uncle sam, because the poster was from the cold war. It makes sense. Propaganda.

Yup, i'm from Norway and Europe... :)

From a small village in mid-Norway known as Leksvik near Trondheim. The town has a population on 1 073.

Yup, i'm from Norway and Europe... :)

From a small village in mid-Norway known as Leksvik near Trondheim. The town has a population on 1 073.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even I didn't know where that was. hehe, sorry....

Spartan; what do you mean by snooty?

I think Russia is so exciting. I think he was saying "ne baluj" and pointing at uncle sam, because the poster was from the cold war. It makes sense. Propaganda.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for the delayed reply here :)

By snooty I mean that a few of them were talking bad about me becuase I was an American and they thought that I didn't understand French. Most people were very nice though.

Even I didn't know where that was. hehe, sorry....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o!! Leksvik is situated quite close, between some of the mounatins on the north side of the fjord. I take the express boat from Pirterminalen or the ferry between Flakk - R