Orlando Sentinel

downtowngal

dude what is your deal? Every city has those, Orlando has "gift shops" in abundance for obvious reasons that don't need explaining. You don't know much about Orlando by saying that because its simply false. Orlando has some of the prettiest neighborhoods in the state of Florida (IMO) and they are right around downtown. If you missed these while you were in town then thats unfortunate but don't talk as if you are an expert, especially to a group of Orlando residents who can easily take offense to your misinformed view. We all resided rather peacefully on this forum until you came along. Please learn to fit in.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for one i didnt start this topic and im not acting like an expert. there are a lot of electronic places thats all i was saying. i never said anything about neighborhoods or any of the electronic places being downtown. so stop putting words in my mouth and making this into something its not. its rather pathetic were even still talking about this. i prefer jax...plain and simple. not lets stop this were all floridians.

Those stores can be found elsewhere. Orlando isn't the only place like that, I guarantee you. I'm sure Jacksonville has its fair share of "cheap" retail. And just because I haven't bought discount electronics doesn't mean that I haven't been to Orlando. And I'm not talking about the tourist part only. I've been to the real Orlando. Oh, and Go Jags!

The Jags have to be the worst looking 2-0 NFL football team in league history, on the offensive side of the ball.

BTW, I just got back from Orlando. I'm very impressed by the amount of quality urban projects taking place in Thorton Park and the Lake Eola area. I also had no idea that the crane for the 2nd CNL office tower is already up. I'm looking forward to seeing 55 West, the Plaza, & the Vue get started. Keep up the good work O-Town.

The Jags have to be the worst looking 2-0 NFL football team in league history, on the offensive side of the ball.

BTW, I just got back from Orlando. I'm very impressed by the amount of quality urban projects taking place in Thorton Park and the Lake Eola area. I also had no idea that the crane for the 2nd CNL office tower is already up. I'm looking forward to seeing 55 West, the Plaza, & the Vue get started. Keep up the good work O-Town.

did you by chance see the Osceola Brownstones u/c? I'm curious as to how far along they are. I'll be back in town Sept 30th and i'll make an effort to do a big update and photo thread then, by that time things will be moving far along with many projects. Eola South should be finishing up, and the Sanctuary is topped out I believe....did you get over to Parramore and check out the FAMU school?

Yeah defense wins championships! But, i just came back from J-Ville and it's looking quite great. I'm very impressed by the amount of quality urban projects taking place in the city. I'm looking forward to seeing Ocean Avenue and Cherry St. Keep up the good work J-Ville.!!!

I'm sure Lakelander appreciates being mocked. :rolleyes: Do you have anything intelligent to add?

posted by Prahaboheme

did you by chance see the Osceola Brownstones u/c? I'm curious as to how far along they are. I'll be back in town Sept 30th and i'll make an effort to do a big update and photo thread then, by that time things will be moving far along with many projects. Eola South should be finishing up, and the Sanctuary is topped out I believe....did you get over to Parramore and check out the FAMU school?

I checked them out. The foundations have been poured and the walls are starting to go up. Eola South is nearing completion and the Sanctuary is pretty imposing right now. This time, I didn't visit Parramore, but looking from I-4, the structure is already topped out.

posted by Fruit Cove's friend

Yeah defense wins championships! But, i just came back from J-Ville and it's looking quite great. I'm very impressed by the amount of quality urban projects taking place in the city. I'm looking forward to seeing Ocean Avenue and Cherry St. Keep up the good work J-Ville.!!!

Check your PM box!

Posted by wolfdawg54

The defense played a great game! But, Lakelander is right though because it wasn't pretty. That style of play won't win games against Indy or Tennessee.

I agree, the defense looks great, but if the offense doesn't improve, don't expect to see the Jags make it out of the first round of the playoffs, if they get that far. Right now, they remind me of the Miami Dolphin teams during the Jimmy Johnson era.

Archived